Aircraft platforms (813)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

question about airplane capibilities?

So a while ago my dad went to a maker's fair and saw a panel about DIY Drones. He then got the idea that he could use one to survey t…

Started by joshua

1 May 15, 2012
Reply by Jeff Taylor

Size of hexa platform

How do the size affect the performance of a hexa or octacopter? I  suspect longer arms equals more stable platform, but is there a limit fo…

Started by Sigfinn Andersen

4 May 2, 2012
Reply by Sigfinn Andersen

Glider with fixed glide ratio and rudder only?

I'm starting a high altitude return-to-sender balloon launched glider project. I want to keep it simple, and I think my first decision is a…

Started by Nathan

12 Apr 30, 2012
Reply by Richard

X8 from BEVRC

Did anyone here manage to buy an X8 before they ran out?  Care to share some of your initial thoughts on what you received?  Pics?  Looks l…

Started by Jason

2 Apr 24, 2012
Reply by james sowell

150 mph video drone needed

Hello, I have an application that requires a low altitude drone capable of conducting video photography at burst speeds up to 150 mph. Is…

Started by Matt

4 Apr 21, 2012
Reply by Michael Pursifull

With and OSD do you need a second GPS?

I am building a bixler tricked out with just about everything.  It has an APM 1.0 XBee and Remzibi OSD 3DR.  My question is do I need a sec…

Started by Kevin Mahler

2 Apr 20, 2012
Reply by criro1999

Emax Fire Phoenix?

Hi im new here and just receive my APM2 and i wanted to put it into my Emax Firephoenix plane. Does anybody fly this plane with a APM?

Started by Andre

1 Apr 19, 2012
Reply by Andre

30 minutes endurance, 500g payload. What's available?

Hi all,   Been tasked at work to look at aircraft platforms capable of 30 minute flights with a 500g payload for a VLOS flight-trial.   Wha…

Started by Big_Nose

6 Apr 13, 2012
Reply by arashi

Questions about X8 wing

I'm writing a proposal for a $2000 summer stipend from my university, for development on an APM UAV. For the project, I'm looking at the X8…

Started by Jonathan Challinger

8 Apr 11, 2012
Reply by Jeff Taylor

My Sky Surfer UAV build

As I begin my first UAV build, I thought I would document it both to help folks in the future and to get any advice or recommendations for…

Started by Mike M

1 Apr 10, 2012
Reply by John Moore

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service