All Discussions Tagged 'safety' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Arducopter: Motors turn on while disarmed!

I have suffered a little accident at home with my quad when motors suddenly turned on while it was disarmed! A very strange behaviour that…

Started by Eladio Garcia

9 Mar 16
Reply by Eladio Garcia

Admin

Pixhawk Audio Adds Safety

This video illustrates a bit better why we believe the safety switch, buzzer and multicolor led help to greatly improve ground and air sa…

Started by Thomas J Coyle III

3 Jan 13
Reply by Steven G

Quadcopter Engine Failure Detection and Recovery Methods

Hello. I am very new to this community, and apologize if a similar discussion exists elsewhere. I am working on a thesis relating to quadco…

Started by Eric Cox

5 Jan 12
Reply by Marc

We Need a "Smart Battery"

Everyone is familiar with smartphones and other smart devices. We need to create a vision, or industry standard, for high-performancebatter…

Started by Hamilton From Above

8 Jan 4
Reply by Hamilton From Above

Development of an Automatic UAV/UAS Safety System

Folks - I have been working on a functional prototype of an automatic safety system for small rotary and fixed wing UAV/UAS platforms. The…

Started by Scott S.

4 Oct 28, 2013
Reply by Tyler McGahee

Has anybody successfully tried using the “crow” feature on the ArduPilot Mega. Flying wing configuration

Hi everyone, I’m planning the build of a X8 wing. Has anybody successfully tried using the “crow” feature on the ArduPilot Mega in a elevo…

Started by Peterflyer

0 Oct 9, 2013

Kill Switch in Auto Mode

Hi All,   I've got a stock DJI F450 with APM2 (running 2.7, although I plan on moving to 2.8 soon) with a Spektrum Dx7s. I noticed that the…

Started by Jake Simon

7 Aug 28, 2013
Reply by Spencer

Flying around children and other people.... Leading by example (safety rant)

I'm not gonna comment on the thread "APM 2.5 with Ublox on a quadcopter - Issues - Disappointment - Confusion" any more but I did want to r…

Started by Drone Savant

10 Jun 27, 2013
Reply by Springfield Harrison

Quadcopter Safety Nets

For the upcoming Maker Faire Detroit, a group of us will be doing a quadcopter demonstration. We would like to have safety nets to protect…

Started by Brian Mulloy

2 Jun 13, 2013
Reply by Brian Mulloy

SAFETY - PreFlight Checklist. - response to why no flying hover cars

If you read the No Flying Car thread we got into safety and checklists. I thought I'd start a new thread on a developing a good all round c…

Started by Andrew Sommer

0 May 6, 2013

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service