Replies

• Ok, so let me rephrase this, I wish to build an eight pod electric, inducted fan, counter rotating prop drone that I can lift roughly 1500 lbs.

Dose anyone here know of a shacked motor, counter rotating inducted fan motor that is no more that 24" across that can roughly 200 lbs?

If I can find this then I will use 8 of these to make my lift.

• Developer

no. electric motors produce zero thrust, they just convert electrical energy into mechanical energy. FYI.. propellers produce thrust.

• Developer
      I'm pretty sure this electric motor and prop combo will produce way more than you need... so the answer is "yes".

http://www.wired.com/2014/07/chip-yates-electric-plane-records/
    • Thanks mate, your a big help........ok for peeps like this guy I will spell it out. Is there an electric motor propeller configuration that will produce around 100 pounds of thrust?

Well he is right, I think it had a humorous angle though. Yes there is a combination that would produce that thrust but it would be quite large and heavy. For instance, I used a lem motor (Google leonard electric motor) and polypropylene blades and hub from a small hovercraft and got 160 lbs of thrust. Diameter was 800mm from memory and used a ducted fan. This was a few years ago and much has moved on from there, so I'm sure it's a bit lighter......but not too much
This reply was deleted.

Activity