11,000 mah??

OK, so I am starting off with the Bixler to get my feet wet.  After that, I'd like to move to a Skywalker for LONG range flights.

Here is an interesting 11,000 mah pack that is only 650g or so.  Is anyone using anything like this?

http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-11000-111-Pack.htm

Yes, it's expensive, but I am thinking one could get quite the range/flight time in a skywalker.  Based on the claimed flying weight of 1.8kg for a skywalker, I am thinking that loading up TWO of these might even be possible - if other gear was kept to an absolute minimum.

Thoughts?

--Dan

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you double the amount of battery onboard you will not double the flight time, but you will increase the overlall endurance...to a point.  I always suggest that you do everyting possible to increase endurance like reducing airframe drag, reducing other weight by removing excess wire lengths, optimizing the motor/prop combination. 

I have an Easy Star that I flew for 65 minutes at > 5000' density altitude this morning using a single 5000 mAh battery.  That's a good start but I will continue to tune it see if I can do better/longer.

• Some people on rcgroups did some testing of big packs on the skywalker. They found the extra weight eat the extra capacity and it wasnt worth it. Ill try to find the link

I dont have a skywalker so could not really help you, but I think it should be possible.  Before you buy a big pack it would be a good idea to put the extra weight onboard, and do a test flight with a smaller battery and see the extra drain due to the additional weight to see if it would be worth getting the bigger battery.  It would also be cheaper if you get 2 5500mah packs rather at a slight sacrifice of weight.

This reply was deleted.

Activity