1280 board works, but 2560 board doesnt?

I upgraded from the 1280 board to the 2560 board.

Uploaded the octa firmware via the planner. Everthing went fine. When I try connect to do the setup, it times out and says I have to upload the firmware. Iv tried resetting and unplugging, no difference. Also re-doing the firmware.

Am I missing something?

G:)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have exactly the same problem, after uploading via arduino one times after changing from 1280 to 2560 it works also from MP, but bevor I also get several times this error!!!

• I had the same problem with my 2560 board.   I tried uploading the firmware via Mission Planner and Arduino, firmware uploaded fine but I could not connect to Mission Planner.   My 1280 board connects fine to Mission Planner but the 2560 could never connect.   I checked my soldered connections and they were fine.  I sent the board back to 3D Robotics and they found it to be a defective board.  They reflowed the board and now everything works great!   If you can't establish a connection I would contact the seller.

• What you mentioned is correct, and It must work. You should try flashing the Arducopter firmware through Arduino also. If still does not get through then just refer to my comments below.

There may be connectors issue. Many times insertion / de-insertion of the male / female connectors of the shield and APM may result in loose connection if during soldering some flux might have have gone inside the female connectors.

I have faced this problem, What I did is, simply changed the female connectors of the shield and made sure during soldering, almost no flux enters the female connectors from back side.

Do not jack in & jack out the IMU shield and APM board many times, if it is working then just do not jack out till you retire the board.

This reply was deleted.

Activity