I have had good luck with 2.6 - here is a typical mission
I then loaded 2.7, did and erase, and left all params at default (attached both param files - not any huge differences). I flew in stable, ah, and loiter and it seemed good - very stable, loiter seemed actively holding it within a couple meters. I thought it would be good to try my last mission, so I loaded it and was vvery surprised as it flew very erratically, wildly searching for waypoints-
I finally aborted before the end, it was flying in a very scary way. I do not know what happened - maybe the slight pid default changes did this, but it seemed to be more than pid tuning. Before I took off I did some alt hold and it was good. After I tried some loiter and got bad circling.
I am curious what happened - hopfully Dan's visualizer program might help.
Try lowering your waypoint speed to something like 2.5 or 3 m/s (actual internal units are in cm/s).
Oops - here are param files
Did you save your PID values from your old version? Might be interesting to try those, see if it's tuning.
Yes, in the 'param 2.6 good'. I might try using them in 2.7 plus Jason wp speed next time.
I can't see magnetic heading values in your 2.7 log. Did you have compass connected, calibrated and working?
It was enabled, but I forgot to do live calibration, will try again.
Jani - Right you are! 1 I was running 2.7 - I had done the live calibrate, mp showed the exact heading, setup showed compass enabled, auto dec, yet there were no mag headings logged when I flew (In log 18 1). All I did then was load 2.6, no change to any params and lo and behold mag headings appeared (log 18 2).
Jason - am I just compiling wrong ? (2.7 zip, I just uncomment apm2 for my apm2 board).
OK - no doubt about it -
Load 2.6, no changes to any param, and mag heading is fine
Load 2.7, no changes, no mag heading
Disable /enable compass, try manual dec, still no mag heading
Load 2.6, no changes, mag heading OK again
Strange thing is MP always shows the right heading with either, but logs do not. The CLI sez compass enabled with right dec. Could this be some apm2 driver issue?
Try to disable the Autodeclination, then reduce NAV_P to 1.8, NAV_I to 0.08 and the speed 3m/sec.
With 2.7 the speed was increased (now is real), so you always have to drop a few parameters to obtain the same (or better) performance of 2.6.
Hey MArco, any idea what;s going on with the new ublox GPS units ? I've got three and some times it works perfctly, holding a tight 1m loiter, other times it seems that there is no loiter control in loiter mode, also the 2.7code is missing some parameter in MP for camera, any help here ?
when can we expect 2.7 in MP ?
Hi Duran, please can you post tlog and dataflash log with this abnormal Loiter?
About camera control dunno, I saw in the news but personally I have not tried.
Had a moment to review your logs. I think you need to lower your Nav_Rate_P value. I can see the quad ramp up speed too quickly and then drop back too low. This tells me your rate_p is too high for the latency in your GPS. Don't mind the jaggedness in the GPS so much. Your high acceleration is the main problem.
There is another param called tilt_comp that is set to 54. It may also be a little high for you, but I would prefer you lowered Nav_Rate_P first and let me know how it goes.
Also, your magnetometer may have been reset during the update and you could have lost your offset. Once you fly around a bit you'll get them back.
Here is one leg of your run compared to 2.6, 2.7, and the simulator for 2.7. You can see the Lon speed oscillate in 2.6 and much more in 2.7. A patch was applied in 2.7 to give the copter more authority in the air and stop relying on the Nav_Rate_I term to overcome air resistance. This patch has given you too much authority, and you can now turn down Nav_Rate_P.