2560 vs. 1280, how to tell? And upgrade ??'s

I've got an APM, but not sure if it's the 2560 or 1280. No easy way to get to it without taking a bunch of stuff apart. Is there a way to tell in the Mission Planner or some other easy way? 

Also, I've never upgraded the code, is it as simple as just pulling down a new mission planner and installing the new code somehow from there? I'm running it on a tricopter currently and lately been having some weird stability issues. So I wanted to upgrade it as I'm several versions behind. Does it retain all settings when you do this? 

Sorry for the questions, I'm a bit of a newb, I got my tricopter up and running about 4-5 months back with not much trouble and have pretty much not touched it since. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

On the bottom board, look at the numbers on the largest chip, it should say Atmega1280 or Atmega2560.

Upgrade through the MP, in the Firmware tab click the picture of your craft and it will ask you if you want to load that firmware. It does retain all the settings unless you do an erase from the terminal tab. Probably best to save the params anyway if you like how yours is flying otherwise erase and start from scratch, that way everything is new & clean.

This reply was deleted.

Activity