3d robotics apm power module

hi. I am new here and so take it easy with me. I am into air photography and at the moment using align and logo 600 models. I need to find a steady platform to do video work so moving over to the multi rotor platforms. I am going for a 3d robotics Arducopter hex. So I am looking at the APM Power module with the deans connector. My question is that as I have loads of 6's Lipos and all my equipment is set up for these can I use these lipo's on the APM 2.5 + Set. If so what am I looking at to do this.

Many thanks in advance. J White

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There's a thread here about suggestions for the next Power Module, I'm really hoping they support 6S with the next one.

• Keep in mind that it is the PWM that sets the voltage limit if you are using it to power the APM and your motors.  If you wanted to use more volts to your engines, you could simply have 2 power systems...one for the APM, the other for the motors. I run 2 S3 batteries in parallel on my HEX to power the motors with no issues.  Just make sure that your ESC's and motors are rated for the power you are sending them.

• Me too (wanting to use 6s)
    I use current usage statistics all the time so don't want to lose this.
  • Power module is 4S max. I wanted a 6S version too :-(
This reply was deleted.

Activity