I have just bought the ArduPilot Mega 2560 Full Kit... plus the Triple Axis Magnetometer HMC5883L. I should have it built over the weekend.. then i'm off to a my mates machine shop, and i'll make the splitter plate for the lower frame onto which i am going to fit the Ardupilot. the magnetometer i'll put on the tail as suggested. I am going to use my X-cell Razor 600E. For those that dont know its around the 50 size nitro heli.

Do i need to buy any other sensors i.e. the Sonar... i can fly a helicopter all day long but this is my first time flying one with stabilisation so any tips would be gratefully appreciated.

If this works well then i am going to try and use it on my x-cell gasser. i can get up to 20 minute flights with this. But i think for the time being a battery 600 is the way to go.

i'll post some pictures when i have it all together.

Setup Instructions

Tags: helicopter, instructions

Views: 39788

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Malcolm a build process would be awesome!  Am doing a similar setup with a Trex 600e

I have finished the build manual, i have checked it over, but there may be some things i need to add, delete or change. Hopefully it might help others. 

There is a lot of Invaluable info on other discussions, blogs and forums on DIY Drones. Read as much as you can. I did and spoke to other members here.

Great community!!!!

Build Manual and small video some of the formatting has gone array, i'll clean it up soon

Thank you Malcolm. I have requested permission to view the document and I am looking forward to seeing it. By the way, I reread your response from the other day and I hope I did not give you the impression I was stating that your information was all over the place. On the contrary. Your information has been very helpful and I am grateful that you have taken the time to share it with us.

Mike

No not at all, i knew it was. i was kinda thinking and writing the discussion at the same time. As i was very new to Arducopter. i had missed some points then went back and re-did them etc :)

Link is now fixed

That's good news. The link works now. I was getting some kind of permissions error, but I can access it now, so I off to read your material. I'll be in touch. Thanks.

Mike

looking good!
Looks great you are awesome!
How did you calculate your Swash settings?
I didn't have to, i know that my x-cell razor is 120 degree ccpm, i got this from the manufacturers manual, if you look at the drawing in fig3 you will see that each servo is at 120degrees from each other. If you take the rear servo at 180 - 120 = 60 , on the right hand side of the swash plate is the positive+ and the left is the negative-. So for servo 1 you get -60 and for servo 2 +60 , this is how the software wants the servo positions stored. Which heli are you using?
TREX 600
Its the same as my setup.
If anyone has found any issues with the manual, could you please give me a shout, so i can change any errors.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service