I've got a JR XP7202 which is a 7 channel 72MHz Tx.
On the 'copter, I've got a JR 790. They talk using sPCM.
Works great in the CLI, but not in "flight" mode (whatever non-CLI mode is).I've found a method/function call (APM_RC::GetState() ) which never seems to go non-zero with the FM setup.
So the call
if (APM_RC.GetState() == 1)
is never true.
Is this something I need to "tweak", or am I barking up the wrong tree here?
I added the following code to the CLI - which dumps each radio channel in turn.
The outputs displayed for each varied between about 1000 and 1800 as I moved the appropriate controls on the Tx. Everything is put away now, so I don't have the active log. Sorry.
Note that this never gates on the GetState() call. Indeed, every time I call GetState() here, it is zero.
My next step (which will be tomorrow night; work is the curse of the amateur helicopterist) is to add code to either the CLI to call GetState or to the mainline to see whether it ever goes non-zero.
Yeah, the 790 is synthesized.
I will check the PPM light tomorrow night.
In Fly mode.
PPM light is flashing.
Green LED is solid
Red LED is off (no GPS lock, but the LED on the GPS is solid blue)
Jr790 blue LED is on.
No response on copter to throttle inputs on transmitter.
Making progress here.
It's not the radio. Sorry, chaps. I found a radio diagnostic and ran it, which worked fine.
By adding various print statements, I see that what happens is that the main loop starts, reads the radio, reads the GPS and loops a few times (14 to 20) before stopping printing.
So I think that something isn't working right (either because my hardware skills are poor -or- I've misconfigured something in the header file). Somewhere there's a bit of code that thinks it is waiting for a device to come ready ...
Time to start turning off things and seeing where I am going awry.
if I undefine the Magnetometer, then I'm looping successfully. Now to go figure out what's what.