900mhz 3dradio + osd - mission planner won't connect

Hi Guys

I've got a 900mhz 3dr set. 

My APM2 is powered via a UBEC.

Within the mission planner, I can get settings from both air and ground side and my settings appear identical.

I have upgraded firmware (was not sure if my pair had most recent firmware) on both the air and ground side (via FTDI for air side).

SR3_Baud is set to 57600, and my ground side modem is on COM23. The dropdown box in mission planner says 57600 beside it. 

The port settings in windows were set to 9600, however I've just changed them to 57600.

When I click connect in the mission planner, (n.b. fresh power on - no usb at all) I just get a timeout.

I cannot see any red lights blinking on the ground side or the air side, but they do blink when I "get settings"

The green light on both modems is solid.

My OSD is a minimosd and I do not have the TX wire (connected to RX on the apm2) connected to that. 
I soldered the osd serial wires to the bottom side of the apm2 board, and the 3dradio is plugged in via the plug provided with the unit. 

On the APM side of this plug, the red wire is 2nd in from the edge, on the radio side it is 3rd in (with a gap in position #4)

Everything seems to be powered on and linked up but mission planner won't connect.

What should I check next?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If I plug my air side modem in via FTDI and ground via USB, then connect a putty serial session between them, whatever I type on ground side is displayed on air side and vice versa. Basic communication seems to be working. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity