I have been at this less then a week and making good progress. However, I still have a few questions I am not clear on.
1. How do you delete the prefetch data? With a small HD the map data can add up
2. Is the altitude graph vs. Mission for the purpose of seeing if you will fly into a high point or does the MP take this into account and fly at the preselected Alt over obstacles?
3.Is there a way to integrate an FPV camera into the MP and if so, what is the simplest way?
1. delete the gmapcache directory in the planner directory. it will be recreated.
2. the altitude graph is a guide for ground level. objects like buildings are not included.
3. yes, using a usb capture device, you ca overlay the video onto the hud.
Is there a way to tell MP to cache to a different drive, other than C: ? My C: drive is a small flash drive and I want to cache to my big HD instead.
Thanks Michael. In that case, might there be a way to use Windows re-map the gmapcache dir so MP could still use its default path?
move the entire mp folder to the other drive. and it will save it there. you will break the shortcuts however
Ok, I misunderstood. I thought it wouldn't work if the folder was moved. As far as shortcuts, are there any that aren't accessible via menus?
Michael, will MP discard what it downloads if I use ESC to stop it? I've had MP caching a fairly large area for quite few hours and it looks like ti could take it another full day to finish the highest resolution. I also noticed that it must be temporarily saving it to RAM or somewhere other than the gmapcache folder because that folder hasn't grown at all since I started it. So I'm wondering if it will save it if I stop it now?
Never mind my question about stopping caching with ESC. I lost a days worth of downloads but this morning, when I updated to 1.2.59, I could see the tiles being added real time in win explorer. So I guess you just updated it? Or else something just didn't get initialized right when I started MP yesterday. Your Mission Planner software is AWESOME! Thanks for the great work. Time make a donation.