Hello everyone, I am reaching out to all those that have the understanding on how to connect the V1 - V2 3drobotics telemetry on the Walkera X350 Pro Devo-M

I have the modules V1 and installed the Air Module to the Devo-M and the other plugged into my laptop computer. When I run mission planner I start to hear a voice telling me which Mode I am in, and if I change it during this startup it will respond again which makes me believe it is getting some of the information to the PC.

During the startup it brings up a box saying Connecting Mavlink, and inside the box Getting Params.. (sysid 1 compid1) shortly after it will error so I clicked on the details and the last photo shows what it said.

I don’t know who to turn too so I am hoping someone here has the technical ability to help. Even if I can ot communicate in both directions, it would be Wonderful to just have my quad sending its information to Mission Planner so I can see exactly what it is doing. Also if there is a specific category I should post this in please let me know.

Please help

Grandpa Jake

20140719_151925.jpg

20140719_152100.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Can anyone tell me how to force a telemetry file to be created and saved. I flew a great telemetry flight today with the above directions and after all that, it never generated a telemetry file. Btw. I did connect with ctrl+t and not the connect button.

I want to overlay into dashware.net for my flights.

Thanks
  • I got the telemetry working from the X350Pro to the ground station (Mission Planner) using a v1 3drobotics 915mhz unit.  Based on Grampa Jakes post below.  Ive laid out step by step and it works great.

Thanks Grampa Jake

To connect the QR X350Pro DEVO-M to Mission Planner with a 3drobotics V1 telemetry device.

After hardwiring in the telemetry device – connecting to the computer is a little complicated. The one way telemetry does not work with any of the android applications or the iPhone applications. You need to utilize 2 way telemetry

Before beginning, be sure your radios power up and connect (solid green LED) and then ensure ALL drivers are installed for the telemetry radio and a comport is assigned.

1. Connect X350Pro to the computer and USB interface on the X350Pro. Also connect the 3drobotics master radio to another USB port
    2. Open Mission Planner software
    3. Select the USB cable’s Comport / Baud Rate (57600) and press CTRL+T to connect. DO NOT PRESS CONNECT
    4. The connection will establish and you will start to receive flight data over the USB cable
    5. Make any modifications to the flight plan, waypoints, etc while connected to the USB cable.

When ready to switch to wireless telemetry

1. Connect your LiPo battery and power on you remote to establish a pair. Note the USB cable is still attached.
    2. Disconnect the USB cable from the computer first then from the X350Pro
    3. Click the disconnect button
    4. Select the Comport for the 3drobotics wireless connection
    5. Press CTRL+T to connect to the X350Pro

Your telemetry will continue to update now over the wireless link. REMEMBER, this is only an AIR-GROUND connection. You will not be able to update your X350Pro from the ground. You will however be able to see what is happening in the X350Pro while it is airborne.

Enjoy and fly safe.

• Just to add to my confusion I tried to connect to APM Planner and it did !   i did not see the same boxes come up when it loaded.    I am not sure if I could program a mission with Mission Planner,   launch it with my Radio and just monitor it with APM Planner.        Open for some thoughts?  But please dont get too deep as it may go right over my head lol... I dont even have any hair to slow it down :-)   

See I was told the V2 Telementry would not work correctly so I think I will only get information back which should be fine as long as it follows what I have programed in Mission planner.

Thanks again

• What were you told about the v2 radios not working correctly?  I am having the exact same issue as you show in the photos. I have the v2 to radios.

• I came across that remark during my searches, so maybe they do work, I just don't know fore sure. To be safe I just ordered a pair of V1 I have one V2 but felt I should get the V1 to start with.

I wish someone that has successfully done this would help. Or maybe it just cant work as we hope? have you had any luck beyond trying to get things to load?
        • So far this is my experience..

I soldered the wires to the devo-m board. 

I used one of the two cable that came with the v2 radios to connected to the wires I soldered to the devo-m

My radios to link to each other as far as I can tell.  The radio on the quad powers on and the one connected to the computer seems to link to it. 

When I try to connect it saying connecting but then fails and says the packets were sent but nothing was received (same as the photo you have). 

I ran across a post saying use control+t to connect.  I have done that and I don't get a connection error like th one mentioned above but I also don't have a connection.  The reason I think that is because i am not getting any feedback into mission planner from the quad as far as attitude and gps position.. in fact several minutes later I get a gps failed to update home location error..

• At what point do you press Control T

• instead of using the connect icon i just push that key combo. 

• I have being working on my 350 pro and now have it working with the telemetry where once I am in the air I can press a switch and have it go on its mission. It is reporting back to mission planner along the way with. I am happy about this, but I have a question and small problem. My first question I hope someone can help me with is how I get it to fly faster between waypoints? second is it seems that once I made some changes to mission planner it took a VERY long time for my 350 to aquire enough satilites to arm it. My Phantom finds 5-8 within minutes but mission planner was only reporting back 99.99 and 0 Sats. But then it would at times flash gphhdop 200 and 7 Sats what can I do to improve this? Any help would be very much appriciated. Or let me know if I should use a different program? Grandpa Jake I have being working on my 350 pro and now have it working with the telemetry where once I am in the air I can press a switch and have it go on its mission. It is reporting back to mission planner along the way with. I am happy about this, but I have a question and small problem. My first question I hope someone can help me with is how I get it to fly faster between waypoints? second is it seems that once I made some changes to mission planner it took a VERY long time for my 350 to aquire enough satilites to arm it. My Phantom finds 5-8 within minutes but mission planner was only reporting back 99.99 and 0 Sats. But then it would at times flash gphhdop 200 and 7 Sats what can I do to improve this? Any help would be very m

• Hi,

Can you please tell us how you got the Qr x350 to report back trough telemetry Jake?

This reply was deleted.

Activity