I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest developing version of copter is here: Link to Copter FW

And the latest Plane is here: Link to Plane FW

In bough version, the CT is included. (The FW and the character file is in the root directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

Views: 158538

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The line at center screen looks like home position from radar view. I think it could be also useful function for planes.

Hi Pavel,

That line is a "Vertical Landing Aid". It only shows the ground height relative to the copter (center of screen).

It's intended to be a copter aid for smooth landings.

Radar would be cool, but IMHO it would consume extreme memory (code and charset) to be implement with a minimum acceptable resolution.

Anyway thank you very much for the tip.

Regards,

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

Why do you think it should take extreme memory?

Not sure if I understand all aspects, but from my point of view it should be about calculation of the position on screen and to display some character there. Am I missing something here? It could be nice to see there also way points. It would be really great for navigation.

Regards,

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

The problem is that we can't send/write "pixel position". We only can send/write "character position". So, if you want to have pixel resolution in a "radar panel" you'll need to have 120 custom characters in charset memmory (if my own memmory isn't failing :) a character os 10x12 pixels. It is a big resources taken.If anyone has a good workaround for this it will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Miguel

Hi Miguel,

I think it does not need to be pixel precise position, although it could be better, just rought way where to go displayed radar way could be useful or nice.

Regards,

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

What do you think would be a good range for the radar?

What heading should it point (north, curren heading...)?

I will add it to my "wish list" ;)

First I need to improve the code memory usage to fit new features.

Regards,

Miguel

If I may.. :) I have a radar on Suppo OSD, it scales it's range accordingly, so as you fly out, so will it increase the range and visa versa. North is up. Sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKFPVagEaLI

I see no radar like function on the vid.

But as Miguel say, as it is not a graphical osd, and has really small memory, we are not planning cosmetic upgrades.

It already has a waypoint panel showing your distance from next waypoint, waypoint number, an arrow showing the direction to the waypoint, and allso Crosstrack error showing if you are off your predefined vector.

Also there is another problem, and i think this one is a serious one;

APM only sends navigation data trough mavlink while in auto modes.

Gábor

Hi Gábor

Have a look at the little caret symbol in the center area of the screen - that's the "radar" - i.e. where you plane is relative to you facing north.

However I also agree it's not a priority for me.

Ahaaa!

Got it! :)

Well that is not that hard to make... But the space....

Ok, i will talk it over with Miguel.

Gábor

Hi Hein,

Thanks for your sample.

If we use "character resolution" as in your video, it will be much lighter than what I thought :)

Regards,

Miguel

Hi Miguel, glad to be of help, maybe one can merge it with the artificial horizon to overcome Gabor's concern? Can you rotate individual characters?

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service