I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

Views: 280829

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sure ill try tonight

Hi,

New pre-release versions:

CT Tool 2.3.0.4

Charset MinimOSD_2.3.0.4.mcm:
Changed "SA" char (Sea level altitude) to "MSL" (Mean Sea Level). More real flight terms alike ;)

CT Tool for MinimOSD Extra 2.3.0.4
Bug fixes regarding saving panels/changing panels order alphabetically/by category.

MinimOSD Extra Copter 2.3 r568

Altitude panel now shows GPS altitude since Arducopter doesn't send MSL altitude to HUD.

Arm/Disarm information:
1 - Showing again disarmed message in the warnings panel (like in the featured video).
2 - Showing in flight mode panel. When copter is armed it will show a "skull" right after flight mode. For example: In stabilize, if disarmed shows "stab", if armed shows "stab<skull>"

Regards,

Miguel

Hi,

A little upgrade/bug fixes ;)

CT Tool 2.3.0.4

MinimOSD Extra Copter 2.3 r572

Regards,

Miguel

Great Miguel. This seems to be working good. Hasnt tried flying yet tho.

I liked the disarmed message, and it looks like panel2 saving works. Switching panels also seems to work, but if i remember right(tried it late last night) i couldnt switch before i got gpslock. Dont know if its intentional, but its ok.

Bjoern

Looks good Miguel. I had [show remaining %] selected, not [mAh]. MSL shows a large integer.  Can you explain a little bit about it.

2.3 r572 test video included, both screens. Thanks for all your hard work.

Hi Bjoern,

When we have warnings panel set on panel 1, it is supposed to have an automatic switch to panel 1 whenever there is a warning to be shown.

Since disarmed is a warning I think it is working fine ;)

Thanks for your feedback

Regards,

Miguel

Hi Noel,

Thank you very much for your video! :)

You could try in CT Tool to check mAh option, then % and save it in CT Tool. That shoul set battery % correctly.

With mAh if you use batteries with different capacities between flights you don't have to change definition in APM to show correct data since this data is calculated by minimOSD. However it could be less accurate (needs more testing). It was reporting values but since from your video it is reporting allways 0 I'll check it out.

Regarding MSL altitude it is the altitude reported by GPS.

From your video it seems it is reported in milimeters so I should change it also.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Regards,

Miguel

Thanks Miguel! Just installed it and will test today.

BTW, how does the temperature sensor work? I put it on the display for curiosity but it just reads 0. I'm using APM2.5 if that matters.

Is it possible to use the signal strength from APM? I don't have a way to use real RSSI from my receiver yet but I know that the APM gives a type of signal strength based off some other monitoring?

Hi steve,

Yes, temperature readings were displaying zero.

Pre-release r572 should have now temperature display fixed. You can see it in Noel's video.

I encourage you to upgrade to this version since there is a bunch of other bug fixes there.

Barometer has a built in temperature sensor for temperature compensation. The reading comes from here.

It's not an "ambient" or "outside" temperature reading since barometer is onboard and there is allways generated heat by electronic components.

This way you can have a sense of "APM temperature health" :)

Regards,

Miguel

Steve,

I'm not sure but I believe that RSSI shown in Mission Planner is telemetry RSSI which can vary much regarding radio control RSSI.

It would need some testing to check if I'm right and it could be another panel (has allways if we manage to have code space...).

Regargs,

Miguel

It's telem Rossi which has nothing to do with RC control Rossi unless you using telem to control uav

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service