I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

Views: 280829

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm afraid I can't help you much about that weird 50 value.

Could someone tell us what SR0_PARAMS is for?

Looking at ardupilot repository at github the only references I see regarding this parameter is in Mission Planner and they don't have an "explanation column" for that :S

Supposing SR0_PARAMS stands for "speed at which serial port 0 sends complete list of APM parameters", I would say that at 50Hz this is causing a "information flood" over the serial port.

Regards,

Miguel

I definitely didn't change it and this 2.5 board had only one or two prior firmwares installed on it. I initially installed 2.9 then 2.9.1 and now b. I'm going to check that param on my other copters.

Sniffing through Arducopter code it seems that that parameter is only used when copter receives a request for sending parameters. Furthermore, if SR0_PARAMS <= 0 then it will be set to 50.

So, no need to change that. :)

Regards,

Miguel

Are the arduplane parameter settings the same as copter? Your post sounds like they're different.

MinimOSD Extra Copter 2.3 Pre Release r582.hex Dev Test

Migual, test video uploaded for you.  A few notes and questions added to video, as seen on panel 2.  Regards

Gábor, Miguel and fellows.

I just receive my minimOSD from 3DR, and I need to start.

I have flown planes mainly (Easy Glider Pro and Sky Scout) and I wish start FPV. I have follow this trait from the begining, I know that I need to upload some files to OSD, but I need some advices how to start, from the begining, in order to enter with the good foot. I have also APM 2.0, video TX and RX, Futaba 8 ch. and googles.

Thanks for any help.

Frederico Fernandes.

Release r582, also noticed the screen did not return to Panel 1 during low battery warning, I believe it was designed to.  Also observed the fast Vertical Speed (VS).  Regards.

Hi iskess,

Yes, they are different.

The difference however is just that in plane you need to set SR3_..., while in copter it is SR0_... The ending of the variable names are the same.

Regards,

Miguel

Hi Noel,

Great test video! Thank you very much!

Answering your video questions:

"battery?" - Efficiency panel. In copter I made it this way: Estimated remaining flight time. It takes APM reported remaining battery percentage and elapsed time and estimates the remaining flight time. So, for this to work fine Arducopter battery mAh config should be setted correctly.

"mAh?" - It's used mAh. I should check why it's not showing this properly. If you want to see remaining %, in CT Tool r571 Config tab try to change to "Show used mAh", "save current tab to", "Show remaining %", and then again "save current tab to". It should be a one time issue.

"MSLhigh?" - It's Mean Sea Level altitude reported by GPS. Since in ArduCopter FW altitude reports the same as home altitude I changed this panel to show GPS reported altitude. I've called it the same as the common aviation term, MSL.

"temp high?" - Temperature reported by barometer. 39.81°C !? Seems a little bit hot there. Do you have your APM hermetically sealed? What's the outdoor temperature where you are flying?

Thaks again ;)

Miguel

I'm sorry I don't fully understand. Do you mean that for plane I only set the SR3 parameters, and leave the SR0 parameters =0? Could you post the all the settings for plane again for clarity?

Actually, perhaps you could include a Readme.txt file inside the firmware zip file, with the instructions on how to set the parameters. That way if the settings change, the most current will always be bundled with the firmware, just like you are doing with the .mcm now.

It would save a lot of questions on this thread, especially for newbies.

Thank you.

Yes, it should return to panel 1 when a warning is triggered. I'll check that.

Regarding vertical speed it was a kind of a test :) I'll revert it to Gábor's smoother vertical speed then.

Why was his Lat/Long not working ?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service