I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest developing version of copter is here: Link to Copter FW

And the latest Plane is here: Link to Plane FW

In bough version, the CT is included. (The FW and the character file is in the root directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

Views: 140160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

Thank you for replying. I'm very happy to see the link to the latest version since the G. Code download section is locked. Thank you, sir! :)

Best regards,

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

You're welcome.

If you could, please post a video of the new minimosd copter version. It's a valuable tool for us to debug possible bugs/see possible improvements.

Miguel

That's going to be a problem since I don't have a DVR to record the video down link.

I do have a couple of ideas, if you like :)

1. Copter version - vertical speed should be shown as m/s. When you fly in stabilize mode and are trying to hold it in the same height yourself, vertical speed as m/min is not very practical. It has to climb/descend too much to see the difference on the osd. It was so much better before as m/s.

2. OSD font - this really needs to be redesigned in a way of character size/thickness. I think the letters are too bulky on the video. I use NTSC which makes it even worse as they are stretched a bit.

I will try the new version and report back if I see any problems. :)

Best regards,

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

1. Actually it's the opposite: When you have, say 1 m/s vertical speed, that means that you have 60m/m vertical speed (you don't have to wait one minute to update the readings while in m/m). So actually m/m lead to bigger values on osd.

(side note: if you have say 25m/m vs, in m/s it will show 25 / 60 m/s = 0.40 m/s  => 0m/s on osd)

2. The only issue with font size is that if we shrink the size it will make letters seem very apart because the char spacing cannot be changed :(

I guess we could make a thinner font as you suggest, that sure would help to have a less bulky osd.

Miguel

Hi,

Oh well, I manage with the current form but it's harder ti visualize (convert) in my mind. :)

It would be great if the grid size could be manipulated but I guess this is the hardware thing...

Is the CT from ...r789.zip good for 794 version?

Hi,

I also had to "adapt my mind" to m/m but in the end it helped me to make smoother landings and faster awareness of climb/descent rates

Yes, unfortunately the grid size is hardware limitation :(

The latest CT Tool r788 (which is inside the r789 you refer) is the right one to use ;)

Miguel

Hi,

Ok, thank you for all the answers! Sorry for asking so many questions ;)

Best regards,

Ivan

Ah this is great, thanks Miguel!  I'm very excited about the RSSI change.  Will a similar patch for plane be on its way soon?  Also, I've noticed the CT Tool seems to be re-writing the "RSSI Max Value" text box to 1790 if you enter anything higher than that (and I typically measure 1793-1794 for my EzUHF values) and I was wondering if that is by design or if it is a defect..

Thank you as always!

Hi Josh,

I'll try to fit that RSSI change it in plane version.

Regarding pwm rssi I made it some months ago but if I recall well it is stored on osd in tens of pwm because of max variable storage. That's why you get 1790 after "Read from OSD". Good values for your case will be either 1790 or 1800.

Miguel

Regarding pwm rssi I made it some months ago but if I recall well it is stored on osd in tens of pwm because of max variable storage. That's why you get 1790 after "Read from OSD". Good values for your case will be either 1790 or 1800.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks Miguel!  Now that you mention it I think I do remember seeing you post something about saving in tens of PWM but it slipped my mind during configuration.

Also, if it helps at all, I'm definitely on the bandwagon that hopes you guys go to Github soon, one day in the future. :D

Thanks as always for all the awesomeness!

Josh

Hi,

There is a new plane version r795

Improvement:

RSSI % now limited to setted min and max values via CT Tool, so while in % mode RSSI won't show negative values and/or values greater than 100%

All the feedback very welcome :)

Josh, for now we'll just keep it on code google, but that's something I would like to change in the future.

Miguel

Attachments:

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service