I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

Views: 170170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They're getting moved shortly to firmware.diydrones.com, that will hopefully help with the problems.  The link above should still work though, I just checked.

Ok guys, thanks for all the help. It seems to be working but it seems that when i upload the final firmware choice no matter what it is it seems to upload its own character set with it. I might be wrong but will test tomorrow after my exam :)

Hello,

We are preparing to bring the project to GIT.

I have also started to update wiki there.

Here is a Link.

Please tell me if something is not explained, not explained as it really work, not even mentioned, etc. :)

Thx,

Gábor

Awesome glad to see it coming online at github! Looking forward to the changes in 2015, thanks for all the efforts on the dev team side.

I am not getting mav link data after loading the latest firmware and char set for OSDMinim-Extra R800 (from link above).

Some characters are missing such as the Throttle sign and Latitude and Longitude signs.

Everything was working fine using Arducam OSD...

I have reinstalled the firmware and char set several times but still no mav data...

I have the minimOSD V1.1 connected using the 3dr cable from Pixhawk Telem 2 port...

The instructions here https://code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/wiki/APM

specify for the APM - is it the same for the Pixhawk?

It says to edit SR0 and SR1 which on the Pixhawk I believe those to be serial outputs; SR0 for USB, SR1 for telemetry output1 and SR2 for Telemetry Output 2. Therefore the only changes I require to make would be for the serial output going to the minimOSD right? In my case I have the minimOD connected to Telemetry Output 2 = SR2...

I need some clarification - I have already adjusted the values it describes in the above link with no joy.

The answer is - The settings are for apm only, and for Pixhawk it depends on what port you are running the minimOSD from. I was using telemetry port 2 = SR2. So I made the changes to the SR2 settings and now it all works :)

Hi Guys,

Finally got a chance to go out at fly with the OSD on today its very cool. However it may be because it got a little wet but in the van sorting it out i had all the data i wanted updating fine. When i went to fly however i stopped geting any updates to the OSD. Still had text but it was as if it was frozen. Video was still fine. Now im thinking this might be due to a bit of moisture getting in (flying in snow (stupidity)) but was wondering if it had been reported before?

Rob

I've tried to modify the code in order to read Battery B.  The readout is hardcoded for now to show in the middle of the display.

I've configured my APM 2.7 to read A0 and transmit 'voltage2' over mavlink.

Unfortunately I see garbled characters instead of numerals. (I did use the upload Character_Updater_FW.hex - MinimOSD_2.4.0.2.mcm - <mycode>  methodology to minimize any upload follies.  The battery A readout I enabled  displays fine.

I am willing to go farther (because its almost useless to me without this feature), but require a way to display debug information.  Since the serial pins are used by the APM-MINIMOSD connection, I'm not sure of what I can do.

Else, if I can't show debug info while executing the code, I am at a severe disadvantage, and will humbly ask instead for those who are more knowledgable about the code to perhaps take a peek at what I've done. 

I know this will benefit many fixed wing FPV folk in addition to myself.

I am glad you are still working on Bat B. Hope you get the help you need.

Did you know the EagleTree Vector OSD has four battery voltages :-O

Awesome work Gabe. Thanks for making the minimosd so much better for the community.

I have a small request to get ezuhf rssi working correctly. The rssi value that ezuhf puts out is inverted so 0% on the OSD is full signal and 100% is no signal. If I put the raw value in back to front (low value as max and high value as min) it stops the rssi from working at all. Is it possible to either have an invert signal button next to the rssi channel select in the minimosd setup or re-do the code for min and max to allow for reversed numbers? Everything else is perfect :D

Hey Glen,

I suspect you're the guy asking about this on youtube too?  In case no, I just want to stress that you really should be choosing LINK over RSSI on EzUHF anyway, as it has some heuristics that better estimate link quality, where the RSSI is only one of the data elements in the link quality but there for, if I recall correctly, legacy applications.  Oddly enough, my RSSI does work fine if I only choose that, or at least it did when I was tinkering last year, but maybe something has changed in the EzUHF firmware since upgrading to the latest version that is producing the behavior you're seeing.

Good luck!

RSS

© 2015   Created by Chris Anderson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service