I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.
At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.
after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D
They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.
They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!
Thank you Bough! :)
By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.
Here it is in action:
- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)
- Home alt
- Battery Percent
- Battery used mah
- Current Draw
- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)
- OSD Menu
- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes.
- OSD on/off
- Switchable secound screen
- WP distance
- WP heading
- Crosstrack error
- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI
- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel
- OSD Brightness
- HAM Call Sign
- After flight summary
- Trip distance
- Smoothened horizon
- Real heading
- Vertical speed
This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.
Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning, can be set in new Config Tool.
We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.
Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)
The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link
This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link
The latest stable version is: 2.2
The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800
CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)
We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)
I can only agree with JohnEx, so much better than the Semi-abandoned R800.
For forgot to mention auto-baud. I used 115200 for telemetry on my APM, as that was the only speed I could use to reliable download tlogs using 3DR radio clones. Any slower, and it would fail. No more recompile for me. This firmware just works with auto baud-rate detect.
Supposedly supports the Micro-MinimOSD voltage/Current pins as well.
Been playing with in on plane, and I really like it. Finally we got an active developed product, and a developer that listens. And something that compiles with Arduino 1.6.8 out of the box.
Nice to see progress in this area, many of us use telemetry, either on goggles or screen.
1. Download this and extract on desktop (This is release 820 there may be newer releases so check the rcgroups page for updates, link on the bottom)
2. Connect FTDI to your MinimOSD and make sure the FTDI is outputing 5V (I have soldered the pins on the minimosd so i only power it from the 5V side, no 12V needed)
3. Open OSD_config-> Options-> Update Firmware...
4. Choose Character_Updater_FW from the Firmware Folder and wait till it finishes
5. Open Options-> Update CharSet... and choose OSDCharsetDigital.mcm from the charset Folder and wait for it to finish
6. Open Options-> Update Firmware... and choose MinimOsd_Extra_Uni.820DV-release from the Firmware Folder and wait until it finishes.
7. Open File-> Open OSD File... and choose osdfundit.osd from charset Folder. Wait few seconds and you will have the screens automatically arranged the way i have them.
8. Go to the Config Tab (first tab) and change the values the way you want them. I'm using a 6S setup so you might need to change the voltages of the alarms and other things and save each tab.
You should now have the same screens as I do, i'm using minimosd clones as well.
All the credit goes to the authors Gabor Zoltan for the original firmware and Night_Ghost for this great fork with a lot of added features ( and everyone else that has helped).
This MinimOSD fork is still a work in progress so you can track the development on rcgroups:
And here is the project on Github:
Thank you so much! I will give that a try and let you know how I make out.
Ok here is where I am at. Thanks so much albeagle. Using your files and instructions got me the closest I've been to getting this working perfectly but I am still having some issues. For some reason even following your directions and using your files my OSD display does not look exactly like yours. Things seem to be out of place, such as the horizon seems lower than in your photos an the battery graphic does not seem to be working.
Also, I am trying to figure out how to get all the telemetry info reading right from APM. Battery level is showing different value than on APM telemetry and keeps flashing BATT low warning. Maybe it is related to pin options on config tab. Not sure maybe you can give some guidance on that as well.
I think I just figured out the issue with Voltage not reading right. I think I never noticed that when I loaded your files it said Pin Batt A instead of Mavlink voltage. Gonna try it later. Does the Pin adjust act like a
Yes, this is the calibration factor
Hi everyone I have an oddity with the Sat icon on my Minimosd and wondered if anyone else is seiing this or may have an idea how to stop it. I recently fitted an APM 2.8 with Neo M8N GPS to my FX-61. Sometimes the Satellite icon shows the Dish symbol and sometimes it shows the X symbol, now this can happen even when it is seeing 17 to 20 satelittes and it's confusing a bit. I have added to pictures to show the story. Even when it shows the X symbol all my auto pilot modes work as usual ie RTH. Loiter, Cruz etc my position co-ordinates are constantly updating whilst flying and the model does appear to know where it is and I am a little confused by this behaviour, so any thoughs on this anyone is there anything special I need to do in Mission Planner to accomaadate the new M8N GPS for instance?
I hope this discussion still alive. I want to learn how to modify the source code by my self so can get full customize of this minimosd. I have experience with basic arduino as I already learn from original arduino website. But as I hear from another discussion actually not enaugh to use original Arduino IDE to modify MinimOSD/APM.
Please give me step by step clue how to get involve in minimosd software development. Sorry for my very newbie question :)
i know this a old thread but Im looking for sonar range? does it have it?