Replies

• Admin

Hi Crispin,

I have for time being disabled the google log after checking the issue. google log in does not work for me too like you two have mentioned ( thanks for bringing it to our attention).  But incase any users(15k+ ) google method who have no issues logging in complain then we may have to enable it again.

cheers

Morli

• Well can you please update to the current version of google login?  They have been warning you for the last 6 months.  I created my account via google because I don't want to manage passwords seperately.

• Cool, I think the 15k you're talking about are like me - they've logged in at some point and never logged in since.

I use Chrome which spreads my sessions across all my computers and tablets and I can't actually remember when last I logged in. The session has just stayed alive for months on end.

I might be better to put a notice for the gmail login if someone tries it to let them know it's disabled and to do a password reset to recover their account.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Cheers

• Admin

Use user name and pwd and that should not cause any issues, I have been using this method for years for this site and had no trouble so far. I use  FF and crome most of times and no issues. So try it and let us know. meanwhile we don't have choice of changing the Open ID ver as far as I know  in Ning host.

Cheers and good luck.

Morli

• except, I did not sign up for a suername/password, and don't know the password(if it even exists)

• @Andre - No, neither did I.

Go into your settings and set one. it becomes the same account so not an issue.

@Morli - 

Can you then remove the google logo? Quite pointless now and causes confusion.

Mine is now sorted thanks - I'm using ye olde method of username and password :)

• @Crispin - thanks, I took a chance on password recovery (unable to set new password whithout the current one)  - and it worked.

• Sorry, forgot to say that - yes. You had to do that.

I wonder what the current one was. Blank? :S

•  get this when trying to login from chrome.

OI2.png

• yep, same here, regardless of browser, but are you using two-factor authentication too (as I do, and people should ?)

This reply was deleted.

Activity