No matter what I do, I cannot get aileron and elevator swapped so they are correct. I am running a Hitec Aurora 9 receiver. I have tried my transmitter in Acro, Heli Swash 0, swapping channels, swapping joystick control modes, swapping cables will fix it, but the copter doesn't fly right because the arducopter controller is confused I assume. I'm sick of going through props.
Running APM 1.0.52 with 2.0.38 beta code, quad set to x, radio calibrated, one mode switch in stabilize, simple and alt hold. I am trying to take off in stabilize.
I have tried using Ardupirates software and Aeroquad with no luck. I purchased my Arducopter from udrones.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Totally willing to post anything needed to get this thing off the ground so I can start tuning it!
Your subject line says ailerons and rudder are swapped, but the post says ailerons and elevator. Which is it?
This doesn't have anything to do with ArduCopter--it's just your radio. You've just got to figure out which channel is assigned to elevator and which is assigned to ailerons. Normally ailerons are CH1 and elevator is CH2. What happens when you switch the two?
The copter goes from barely getting off the ground and when my other quads would lift off to trying to flip over. Could this have anything to do with the declination? Mine is Magnetic declination: 12° 39' EAST Declination is POSITIVE. Should I be swapping it to negative?
Quad was calibrated with a circle level on the quad, completely level. All motor mounts have also been verified level.
ESCs are all calibrated by my own 4>1 cable.
Radio test in Gui shows as attached.
I am trying to take off in Stabilize.
Props have also been verified in the right config as my other quad.
Thats what I've been working with. I have verified the motor order and ESC order/connections numerous times and their connection order at the Ardumega. For whatever reason the motors command has never worked on this quad. Even though the motors rotate in the correction direction for an X quad, and the numbers are correct. I go into setup>motors and then blank... nothing....
M3 CW 10x4.5R - M1 CCW 10x4.5
M2 CCW 10x4.5 - M4 CW 10x4.5R
I think I've lost the thread. Is the problem still that aileron and elevator are reversed? Or is it something else? I think you may just need to ask the Udrones guys to walk you thought the setup again. I'm not sure I can help you this way.
I've been reversing the ail/elev cables at the receiver, maybe thats the problem, I need to do it at the flight controller.
I'm honestly lost and have been trying to figure this out for a week or so. I'm considering mounting the controller on another frame just to eliminate it being wiring/frame setup issues.
BTW, I just checked the "Motors" command and it works fine. It doesn't show anything on the CLI, but you need to move the right stick to the extremes in each direction and the props on that side will turn slowly (in the case of an x configuration it's a pair of props). Needless to say, you need to have a LiPo plugged in, along with with the four-wire cable to the PDB.
Do the radio test in the CLI. Move sticks to the lower right (pitch back, roll right) You should see approx 4500 for both values.
Roll right should happen on Ch 1.
Then test your motors are hooked up in the correct order based on the wiki.
I didn't realise copters were fitted with ailerons, rudder or elevator :-P