T3

All Motors Pulsating

Hi All,

All flights have stopped!  All six of my motors are pulsating with no rhyme or reason.  Now I'm afraid to fly at all.  I've rebooted, reloaded, recalibrated, tried different batteries and even upgraded to the latest firmware 2.8.1.  Nothing seems to help.  I run all motors on the ground or in the air and at random times, all motors spike with power.  Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

I've uploaded a log to show what's happening.

Thanks for the help,
Richard

2012110618284.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• T3
    My guess is yes. Also with the log it's easy to view, just open mission planner, click on the Terminal tab and click the Log Browse button. Select the file and open. To see a graph of the motors, scroll down into the data till you see a label on the second column that reads MOT. The columns labeled 1 thru 6 are the motors themselves. These columns are actually columns 3 thru 8. Apparently columns 1 and 2 do not have labels. Now click on any value and select Graph This Data button. You can repeat this to see other values graphed up to 5 items. The first value is displayed in red and other values take on different colors. To see that all the motors on doing the spike in power, you may need to clear the graphs and just display one motor at the time.

I really should have posted this message under ArduCopter 2.X, do you have any idea how I can move it there?

Thanks,
    Richard
  • "and at random times, all motors spike with power. "

I am clueless when it comes to the log files, but a couple of thoughts:

All motors spike at the same time?

Can you reproduce it on the bench with the props off?

This reply was deleted.

Activity