Another funny clone problem

Hi,I just got my 3dr radio clone from banggood today.Connected both radios, selected com-port an baud-rate and without any configuration, data is coming through alright.BUT: it seems to be impossible to change any parameters of the radios, as there is no response in the optional hardware setup of MP to the load settings command. All I get is a "failed to enter command mode". And I can not change the firmware, as there is only a "failed to identify radio" message.The radio setup untility does not work as well, even RSSI is not displayed because of a timeout problem.Funny enough, RSSI is displayed in MP without any problem.Any ideas what's going on and how I can deal with that?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• DRM.... You know when people turned up saying they suddenly can't use their clone-hardware anymore, I was just thinking of....
    Open source it is, isn' t it?
  • I too get very poor range from my RCTimer 433MHz radios. I am lucky to get 50m. I have tried replacement 433MHz antennas on both ends with no improvement. I have never previously had problems altering the settings on either unit but recently have encountered the same 'Failed to enter commend mode' problem if the remote (air) unit is powered up. 

• I just ordered the version 2 radios from 3dr.
    Matucha123, what kind of antenna are you using?
    • Change antennas (if from rctimer). Antennas which modules comes is 2.4ghz (or something close). With changged antenna only ong GS i got 800m
    • Thanks for the link Marcin.
      But after a range test today I will return it and stop fiddeling with the firmware.
      I just got 100 m range. At this distance I can throw the data by hand.
      • If you have 433MHz ground unit with integrated USB connector - do not expect anyhing more...

This reply was deleted.

Activity