Has anyone successfully used the APM2.5 (or other APM) with the cheaper NEO-6M ublox gps ?

Did you need any modifications to the source code ?

Thx !

Views: 104732

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Marco, I have the same GPs and I would like to connect it in the APM 2.5.

Could you please let me know what cable did you use and in which port did you connect it?

Thank a lot, Leopoldo

Marco, I have the same GPs and I would like to connect it in the APM 2.5.

Could you please let me know what cable did you use and in which port did you connect it?

Thank a lot, Leopoldo

hello,

Anyone know how to connect the GPS to the APM??? 

Because I found that red is the GND! But the others I do not know

Thank you in advance for your help

As follows Blue is PPS (dont use)

GND is Green

RX is white

TX is yellow

VDD is blck

PEN is RED   (dont use)

hi,

thank you for this answer,
I tried but it does not work, I tried from 9600 to 115200
to power, it displays strange character but no dialogue ....

remember on the ardumega you must cross tx and rx round

you likely did this: tx to tx, rx to rx

switch tx to rx, rx to tx

For the moment, i'm testing only with ftdi cable to upload the .txt.

I confirm,actually  rx to tx ... 

Thanks, you just helped me fix my homebuilt cable.  :-)

He i recently (two days ago) got the gps working with the ardumega, by default it will work with the ardu mega, and it is very easy to reprogram in u-center

The LEA-6H($75.99) vs NEO-6M($28)

The real difference is that the LEA-GH has the ability to :

-upgrade the Firmware (won't use it as you don't want Galileo/GloNass)

-receive data from Galileo(EUROPE) and GloNass(RUSSIA) Satellites with upgraded firmware

-a TCXO Crystal which allows accelerated weak signal acquisition, enabling faster start and reacquisition times

-1dBm more sensitive in Tracking/Cold Starts/Hot Starts

other than that.. not really much...  If you live in North America,  GPS is better for you than Galileo/GloNass, the TCXO performance is generally considerably better than that of a normal crystal oscillator. Figures within the range

1 to 5 ppm are often achieved (probably not noticeable to us...) and finally... does the 1dBm really make a difference, is anyone noticing it... 

I personal bought the NEO-6 and testing... no field testing yet... but have done my book research.  

all the best!

Does the multi-GNSS capability mean that it can mix the GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and QZSS data together and give the best combination result as an output? Or is it so that you have to choose what system to use?

I have been running APM 2.5 with NEO-6M using arduplane 2.65 and arducopter 2.81 with no problem just upgraded Firmware  to Arduplabe 2.70 and Arducopter 2.91 now neither boards are working with NEO 6M, does anybody know what is changed ?

thanks

RSS

© 2015   Created by Chris Anderson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service