i thought i might do a post on some feature that most people may not know about. so here goes.
1. HUD, if you double click the hud it will popout, allowing you to run the hud full screen, on a seconds screen.
2. Tuning, if you enable tuning and double click tuning you can graph any data that is availbale in the status tab. this means you can have alt, attitude, or many other options. in real time.
3. Speed Guage, double click this and you can modify the max scale you want to display.
4. Nmea output to serial port, press control-g and you wil get a box asking for a comport and baud rate to output standard nmea data at 2 hz, to any serial port. ie use com2com to emulate a serial port to use with third party applications.
5. Custom imagery, press control-F this allows you to upload your own orthophotos. use will require Globalmapper, as this is currently one of the key steps in exporting in the required format for use in the planner.
6. Prefetch, this is on the flight planner tab and allows you to draw a box to download the selected imagery of a location, so you dont require internet while your at the field.
7. Grid, this is on the flight planner tab to, this allows you to draw a polygon (right click) and automaticly create waypoints over the selected area. NOTE there is no island detection, other advanced polygon features.
8. Setting your home location to the current location is easy, just click "Home Location" above where you enter your home location, and it will set your home location to the current coords.
Hopefully you find some of this useful.
thats an old pic, and the guages are still there, just down the bottom not up the top.
Thanks Michael for the reply but that way would have been more useful to be able to see all the information in one window. also i noticed in the sun yellow and black are visible easily, is there anyway i can make all my display at the field to yellow and black? or would you consider it for the future works if you also agree with me?
I've updated the pic in the manual to the current version
Hi All, some more suggestions:
- Prefetch in the Mission Planing tab. Currently it ask for each zoom level. An option could be to the user to chose to download all zoom levels without to answer each level (auto Yes or to chose the zoom range);
- Search Location in the Mission Planing tab. like that one in the Legacy missiona planing search. The suggestion for search is already in this link too:
- TCP/IP connection for external software provide some Command control according with attitude values. For example: an external program running an image processing for the video comming from airframe Video TX, could process the image together with attitude values (lat,lon,alt, roll, pitch, yaw, speed, ...) from the TCP connection with the planner. This program could send then to Planner a command like: go to this wp or pint camera to this place. In other words, The same current plannr options on click and go could be provided by an external program.
Great post and valuable information!!
Hi, more one suggestion:
The KML Overlay feature could be extended to overlay the flying map too? This will be helpfull to see the "geofence" of a challenge event like UAV Outback Challenge ;-).
just create a kml and load it, it should show in the planner just fine
excellent work, 2 if it were possible to carry sujerencias.
1 - when you use the "fly to gear" importate would be the creation of a red dot on the map reference, very importarte for orinetacion and know where to next "fly to gear".
2 - that possibility is there that can record the GPS coordinates when using the function or do_repeat_relay do_repeat_servo (a kind of "GPS data logger" for these functions). importate this would be to reference the aerial photographs.
apologies for the English, I am using the google translator. thanks
I ditto the dot on fly to here suggestion from Jim, and in addition it would be helpful to have another line from current location to "Point camera here" spot (like the Nav/Heading lines...) Potentially differentiating the lines, with icons at thier termination points (like a little camera icon for example)
edit: bad typos :)
Hi Michael, but the KML overlay is presented only in the mission plan tab. It will be nice to present the overlay in the flight tab too.
I'm using a macbook pro and planner 1.1.13 and want to start using the HUD with FPV video behind it. I've turned it on and selected my built in camera to see how it works and now want to connect the output of my Duo5800 5.8GHz A/V Rx but I know I will need a video input device for the mac. Is there a preferred one for this type of video input? It's just a composite yellow cable. Would this work?
Is their any option to change the map orientation on the navigation tab to something other than North up? Sometimes a 'course up' or a 'track up' orientation would be handy.