APM will not arm

Hi,

Got a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I have an Turnigy 9x that I upgrade the firmware to er9x and since then I can't seem to arm my quad. I have reloaded Arduocopter 2.8.1 a couple of times, I can connect with the mission planner. I can calibrate the radio with the mission planner. Telemetry is responding when connected to the planner. Since I am pretty new to this I don't have enough background to figure this out. I was able to arm it with the stock firmware before I updated to er9x.  Can anyone help?

d

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm adding my experience with this. after hours it turned out that my throttle had to be trimmed. go to APM's radio configuration and trim your radio to fall within the range of the calibration bars.

• Alexander, THANK YOU.  Spent 2 hours with the same problem and then Googled for help which led me to this post.

Your solution resolved my problem within minutes. 

Very grateful.

Regards.

Peter.

• Had a friend with the same problem but this time it was because the Rx was not bound properly with the TX (spectrum DX8).He has two quads where one quad  was bound ok but not the other which tells me the model memory was not done right.

(The radio calibration page did not show stick movements on one unit )   I guess the DX8 cant bind to two receivers at different times with the same profile so model map should be done.

• make sure that the stick layout is for mode 2 and moving to RC equipment.  

• 3D Robotics

Sounds like one or more channels got reversed. Try the various other arming possibilities (bottom left, top right, top left) and see if one works. That will tell you which channel got reversed. 

Also, needless to say you should go through the RC calibration process again, as is the case anytime you change your RC system.

This reply was deleted.

Activity