AR8000 not powering on from APM Arducopter 3dr

Hi,I am working on my first Arducopter 3DR. I am through the build and have reached a block. I am not receiving any power lights on my AR8000 receiver. I have the lipo connected and what I believe to be the right pin out on from the APM to the AR8000. I am attaching a picture that shows all of the channels disconnected on the receiver leaving only the power from the APM to the AR8000. No lights when the copter powers on from the battery being plugged in. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have yet to successfully bind the receiver to the transmitter. Thanks.

IMG_4576.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here is how it is connected now.3692379256?profile=original

• Just so I have this straight. I should have the lipo & usb connected for this right? Also should the 4 wire cable that connects the APM and the power distribution board be connected? I want to verify that I am doing this correctly. I am getting slightly confused on calibrating and then arming. Also if this should be done with MP. TY

• well issue that i had was that i had to reverse my yaw so it woried as specified. but first try to arm the escs by moving the right stick down and to the left and if that works you need to reverse the yaw. and hav eyou clibrated the escs?

• OK. I got the APM to connect to MP. I was able to load the 2.5 Firm to the APM and successfully get all of the readings. The transmitter and receiver are now binded. So far it looks like everything is working. Except I cannot get the ESC's to arm. In MP it sayd they are disarmed. I have gone through what looks like the right auto arming processing. No luck. It is either silent or constant beeps. No response. I was able to calibrate the controller in MP. What do you think the issue and solution may be to this? Looks like I am so close. Thanks for your help!

• Well when you attempted to spin your motors was the apm armed. Because when I attempted it for my first time I couldn't get them to spin either. But the while plugged into usb I realized they weren't arming and it was because I had to reverse the yaw on my dx7. So that might be your problem.
  • Thank you! Seems to have done the trick. It is now binded. However now I am trying to get the motors to spin up from the throttle. No luck. Next goal is to get it to read from the PC to start the simulator.

• well it seems everything is conected right. so the only thing i can think of is that your not connected. make sure that your transmitter is on before you power the board.

• OK. Thanks for the help, but I still do not have any lights on the receiver. I have attached another picture of how I have it attached.Thanks for the help.3692377812?profile=original

• From your picture it looks like you have placed the power cable on the bottom two pins. It needs to be on the top two pins. The order is negative, then positive, then signal. From the top to the bottom.
  • Here is the update. I have connected Pin 3 to the throttle on the receiver. I also have moved the power to AUX 1. Still now lights on the receiver. Am I doing something wrong?

IMG_4581.JPG

This reply was deleted.

Activity