T3

AR8000 Receiver Won't Power On

Hi All,

Finally got my HexCopter from uDrones.

I purchased the complete package with 3DR Telemetery, OSD / FPV, Sonar, and Camera Mount.

The camera mount is for much later.

I have no idea how to get the OSD / FPV or the Telemetry to work and I've reached out to uDrones for help with these.  I figure it's going to take some time and some learning to get them to work.

While I wait to hear back from uDrones I thought I'd mount the legs, props and setup my RC.

I connected to the mission planner, updated the firmware and tried to get my Spektrum AR8000 receiver connected.  And here is where I'm having a problem, my AR8000 does not light up.  It's like it's not getting any power.  I even plugged in the battery and still no lights.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Richard

Below are 2 pictures.
This shows the connectors and where I've plugged them into the AR8000.

?auth=co&id=173982&part=2

This shows the pin connectors on APM 2.5.
?auth=co&id=173984&part=2

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Admin

Richard,

I bet that you have the servo cables upside down on the AR8000. I have an AR8000 in my Maja and the black servo cable wire should be on the top followed by the red wire, then the white wire at the bottom of the case. Spektrum used to have the signal wire (white) on the top followed by the red wire then the black wire. However, on the AR8000 the servo cable wires are reversed with black on the top where the AR8000 lable is located on the receiver.

By the way Richard I notice that you live in Hollywood FL. I just happen to live in Davie FL which is just up the road from you. Might have to get together sometime?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

TCIII

• Thanks Thomas, your comments re the polarity of the plug from the ESC is exactly what was my situation. It's a pain that Spektrum doesn't provide more effective keying for these connectors.  At least no damage done have the reverse connection. Thanks again.

Cheers

David Knox

• Your pics do not show up , so just going by your description I am taking the clue from "I even plugged in the battery and still no lights" and asuming you have been using USB for configuration.

USB will not power the Rx. It only powers the APM board, GPS, Radio comms, Sonar, etc.

Where are you getting power from with your batteries?

From an ESC BEC? Have you checked the voltage?

How is the power getting from the APM to the Rx? Have you checked the voltage on that cable?

This reply was deleted.

Activity