I fly helies for many years now, This is my first quad and I have setup and got everything flying, but I have some questions and hoop you know the anwsers :)
1. Is it possible to use trim on cyclic for elev and aileron? would that have any bad effect when swichting to other modes? or I just should disable trims and dont use it like in flybarless helis.
2. When I hover inside it always drift to front and right, only when I use ch7 its perfecly stabale. once I swich ch 7 back off it start drifting again
3. Outside in wind the althold and loiter works.... it does drift 3-4 meter side to side and get back... is it normaal or I can get this doing better? I have the uBlox module LEA-6H GPS. I assume the sonar sensor will help on altitiude? howmuch beter is the sonar?
4. When flying in wind the quad doesnt have good power to go agains the wind, but its not that there is no power in the motors as if I give thr it will go up very fast. It just seems that it doesnt tilt enogh to go fast in to the wind and it move very slow. Maybe I am expecting too much as I fly 700 size helis having overpowered motor and it just break into any wind :)
The main dispoitmant is the drifting when ch 7 is off, I have try also arming the esc for 15sec fly for 20sec perfect and level and disarm the esc to save, but its not helping, looks like it doenst save.
Thanks for your help.
1) Dont know but has seen somewhere that trim is not good, and definitely not for yaw!
2) When you say channel 7, I guess you mean you have configured it for "automatic trim", right?
I have experienced the same in many recent releases too, and have not been abler to find out why. The same happens doing the stick--15-secs autolevel routine. The symptoms are really odd :
flying normally there is quite a bit of unlevelness of the quad, and it drifts in some direction, even in no wind conditions. When activating the autolevel routine though, it immediately levels out quite perfect, and there is no way to correct level, because it is already perfect level. When the autolevel finishes, it is back to drifting again.
So basically I experience the same as you, and would need some help on this!
3) I think 3-4 m would be acceptable as far as I understand the limittations in the hw, many people have complained about 10-20 meter drift! And I have had very differing results myself. Now in the 2.7.3 it just does not seem to work within acceptable limits, I must stop loitering to avoid crashing all the time, previously I have had results within a few meters in light wind conditions.
4) I cant say the poenetrating abilities are bad on my quad, there are ways to tune the angle that the quad leans maximum, maybe you could look into that?
ITS PERFECT NOW!
I had select ch 7 and make sure its above 1800, but I didnt select autotrim as function under configiraton ==> arducopter config menu on the bottom
so only enabaling ch7 isnt enogh.
as it state here....
just folowing this rules step by step got me perfect level flying quad.