Ardu copter In Gaui 500x frame

Hello,

I integrated arducopter in a gaui 500x frame see the photo attached. It has :

• 4 980 kV motors
  • 4 )18Amps ESC. integrated into the arms (the oones selling by Gaui for the 500x )
  • I use firmware 2.0.45
  • The Setting are the followings:

3690890835?profile=original

here are some photos:

img1523h.jpg?width=750

img1524d.jpg?width=750

I am still trying to get stable in stable mode. In ACRO mode it looks OK.

But in STABLE mode here are the  misbehaviours a I noticed:

1. A first take of the copter turn right , Ihav to keep the yaw to the left to compensate, then after less than 1 minute it is not necessary anylonger to compesate

2. It feels like the in STABLE mode the copter is less responsive than before (version2.0.43). And  less stable than ACRO mode, there are fast oscillation especially when going down

3. THe auto-trim feauture does not seem to have any effect. I check it cas corrcetly triggerd using the Motor-LED blink to check

4. I also record log for SOnar and baroalti testing and It looks like it is completely lost. Here after are the curve of Sonar Only, and Sonar+Baro  altimeter. I assume the Barometer is the most stable an accurate measure. I will check sonar shielding

3690890992?profile=original

3690890935?profile=original

Anyrs ideas about these behaviours?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Silvyne hi, I have also Gaui 500 frame with APM. I am testing it in various setups, but I see your PID values are very different from mine. For example Stabilize Roll i have 4,6 you have really 1,6? it is hard to believe because when I changed it to 3,6 it already become not stable at all. is it possible that you could send me your PID values, I can send mine?

• Hi,

I'm new to flying UAV's of any type. I have the Gaui 500x frame and I'm trying to use it with the APM 1 with a Walkera 2801 transmitter and receiver. However I'm running into the issue of whenever I try to take off, the copter simply flips over. I've tried going through the troubleshooting guide but I haven't been able to figure out what's wrong. I was wondering if you encountered this situation and if so what did you do to fix it. Even if you haven't run into this situation before, is there any help you can give? Thanks.

Ej

• News:

After few tests, the ESC provided by Gaui seem not to be powerfull/fast enough. So I set back the original Hobbywing ESC outside the harms of the copter. Stability is much increased.

3692282303?profile=original

I moved the sonar away from the center and is is also less noisy.

3692282199?profile=original

Stability is globally good but I still find some behaviours strange in accro mode, I will try differents sets of props. Maybe smaller props  will even improve stability and time reponse.

I am using 10"x45 props and intend to try 8"x45.

I would like to try smaller pitch like 10x40 or 10x30. Does anyone know where to find some of those kinds?

• The behavior seems to be more of a PID issue, since this is pretty close to fyetech X4 try to set your rate_I to 0 and lower your rate_p to 0.1. You may need to adjust the stab_p a bit as the motors are not that powerful. the stab_yaw may also be lower to maybe 4.5 just suggestion

For the baro, is that a breathable foam or the condense one normally on packaging? if the later you might have issue specially if inner part is directly touching the baro. Its very sensitive even to feather touch. The sonar seems to be using a shielded cable so thats ok but I hope the sonar is farther a bit to ESCs.

You have 1.0.75/76 MP right?

This reply was deleted.

Activity