Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Views: 63381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jup just the same:

I have Roll & Yaw reversed in my remote so moving the sticks right gives high value. Better reverse it in MP? But I think the settings of the remote shouldn't matter when sticks centered and tilting the quad by hand anyways.

Why ACRO? Tested in STABILIZE before and when pushing pitch forward quad wanted to pitch forward.

Why? Try to arm the quad in one direction, then rotate to another and go up with the throttle...
The Acro ignores the compass, the Stabilize not.
From the video
it is not clear, but you may have to place the propellers in the right direction (CW and CCW)?

Ehm, i see video again in slow motion but you are too fast with your cam... for me you have wrong motors rotation... :-)
I see the bottom left motor in CW direction, and the top right in CCW... possible?
I structured the code of the motors test so that there is a break ... we do a complete movie and longer? :-)

Follow my video:

The wiki is updated:

Props spin in the right direction, not good to see in the video. Also I first changed props after three of them broke (with the same kind, one by one), when it flipped on start today. Before it was flying just fine, the only thing I've changed since flying good is TX/RX and firmware nothing on the hardware/props, etc. 

This again reminds me of something important: only change one thing at a time, makes bug tracking way easier....

Ok, think I found it. The Pitch setup was wrong in MP when calibrating the new TX and after swapping back also on the old one. Didn't read this line proper enough:

CH 2: Pitch Forward = low PWM – Pitch Back = High PWM

Confused me that it is inverted to the Throttle channel.

Thanks for the help.

Will try it again tomorrow, hope the weather will be ok. Today was great :(

Did you recalibrate on RC tab in MP? Recalibrated ESC? Did you only change Tx or Rx too?

I switched from Spectrum DX6i + AR6210 to Graupner MX-20 + GR-24.

Recalibrated in MP, Recalibrated ESCs, switched back to DX6i recalibrated this one. Nothing changed.

I guess its some little stupid mistake I'm just to blind to see...

Hi Thomas, have you checked on MP "raw sensor" view and then "radio" if your stick movements are giving correct output to motors ? Also have you checked your radio is in ACRO mode without any mixing active ?

Hi Rui, i use "heli" program for better throttle curve setup... of course, with "H1" swap-plate and no mix enable.

Can any of you PID gurus :) tell me what param may causing a sort of "rocking chair" effect ? If I lean the quad to any side and then return to neutral, I get sort of a decaying sin wave oscillations of about 3 or 4 times (ex : 45º -> stick to neutral -> -10º -> 5º -> finally leveled) I tryied different values on rate P but didn't seem to make any difference (from 0.09 to 0.150).

Also there are some params that we don't generally touch on the left side (params list) named LOITER_LAT_P, LOITER_LAT_I, LOITER_LAT_D, ... what are these ? When we tune Loiter in the boxes, that changes the HLD params (I think meaning HOLD), so what are the LOITER params for ?

Thank you. 

A slow oscillation is generally caused by a stab p value that is too high.

Could also be Iterm?  I always zero out I-term when hunting oscillations.  Get it out of the way, then focus on the P if the oscillation still occurs.  If the Iterm at zero stops the oscillation, then you know it was the cause, and you can work on I term.

DIY Drones Monthly

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Pylon Race, is here

© 2015   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service