Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Enhancements:

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Tags: ACM, Heli, Quad, Traditional

Views: 62142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just be careful with the GIT pulls.  It's hard to be sure you are getting the same version as Marco just flew.  Somebody could have put something in while he was flying.

Have a look at the "changes" tab and see what's been happening, gives you a better idea.

I agree Robert!
It's my rule to publish my video saying the installed version, so if I write "the latest GIT" means that I flew with the version on the GIT when I publish the video.
If there have been changes subsequent to my flight in that case i can't upload my tests.

Marco, unless you are actually writing the hash on the video, it's almost pointless.  You can check if there are any changes when you publish the video, and then 1 hour later, somebody pushes a change, and then 1 hour later, somebody watches the video and pulls from GIT.  

There's only so much we can do.  Anybody downloading from GIT needs to be aware of how it works, and what are the risks.  

Another suggestion would be to add the GIT files to the video post instead of the hash. 

Just a thought.

Thats why the hash is relevant. Not to worry though...

Ok then, just nobody mess with it in the next five minutes ;)

Ok Robert i agree, next and this time i put the hash for reference!

Marco, you gotta get a dog to play frisby with. ;)

Today there a dog at the airfield and I had to stop testing because he wanted to bite the quad on the fly! :P
Freesbee launch is a nice blow for electronics and software, if the quad can return to where it means that works well.

I had a very interested husky at the park the other day, i let him sniff around as he seemed a friendly chap, however when he cocked his leg at my quad I had no choice but to give him the scare of his life... it took a while to stop him barking...  

Oh and before you hit the hay Marco, any chance of your params in that vid?

Many thankings

Sure Dave but i'm sorry, don't have the quad here, tomorrow i upload here!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service