Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Enhancements:

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Views: 64542

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hello,

you have trouble compiling the 2.4.2xp2?

Tomas - I'm with you. That is the first time that I have seen the strategy actually described, and it seems nuts to me. What you describe is closer to how we would manually keep the copter in place. So long as that was combined with an algorithm whereby an attitude could be held to maintain a position i.e. against a steady wind, then we should end up with a smooth and steady loiter. I sort of described the latter requirement in an enhancement request, Issue 361. Regards, Bill

Hi Tomas,

That was how we did it a long time ago (1 year ago or so).  I've never seen a definitive comparison of the two strategies side-by-side, I certainly hope that the current way works better :-) but either way I'd love to see the results!

Theoretically in a frictionless environment, leaning over causes an acceleration which is why it makes sense to compare the desired speed with the current speed and then use the output to lean the correct amount.  Of course it's not frictionless..and we know that if you lean over at a certain angle you don't keep increasing your speed..but it might be nearly true when you're at low speeds which is what the loiter.

I've just loaded the latest code and hovered around the garden a bit.

Only used Stabilize mode, is VERY stable.

Thanks dev team !

HI,

roll and pitch angle are converter from RC to a max of 45 degrees:

Radio,pde

g.rc_1.set_angle(4500);
    g.rc_2.set_angle(4500);

But later are constrained to 25 degrees:

Arducopter.pde

#else

// limit the error we're feeding to the PID
    target_angle         = constrain(target_angle, -2500, 2500);

This means that joystick usefull travel is only about 40%.

Wouldnt it be better:

Radio.pde:

#if FRAME_CONFIG == HELI_FRAME

g.rc_1.set_angle(4500);
    g.rc_2.set_angle(4500);

#else

g.rc_1.set_angle(2500);
    g.rc_2.set_angle(2500);

#endif

Can we get banking angle adjustable from Mission Planner?

Pablo

And APM2 has also mediatek GPS???

Many thanks JL, i can only second the thanks and praise that's coming your way.

To the field, I'll let you all know how the APM1 fails the APM2 focussed params

And JL, sorry for repeating my question, but does you quad behave well in stab mode with such a low rate_P? Do you use the params attached just for loiter testing?

Thanks, Dave

Also, since this is the HIL test for h1 heli, will this still work on our quads, at the field?

I think I've answered my own question, in the jpeg it shows you flying the quad, and the config file is set up for quad, I'm going for it, tethered first... :)

Sorry for the  daft question, but I haven't studied trad heli or HIL yet...

Bill, try it again without your define config change. It defaults to apm1 if left alone anyway.

Can we get a speed limitation in stabilized mode?

I would be nice to be able to travel at a certain adjustable speed also in stabilized mode.

Can some of the Gurus provide a way to calculate the forward and lateral speed of the copter?

Regards,

Pablo

@Dave

you have trouble compiling the 2.4.2xp2?

I can't get it to compile either, sorry.

I get the error

'AP_Int16' does not name a type, 

Highlighting the line 'AP_Int16 format_version;' in the parameters.h file

Reply to Discussion

RSS

DIY Drones Monthly
Newsletter

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2016   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service