Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Enhancements:

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Tags: ACM, Heli, Quad, Traditional

Views: 62262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Don,

Yeah, I imagined I could be like that. So in this particular case, the block between the beginning /* and ending /* is currently in effect, since the beginning /* is commented out?

- Right?

ok...so here is an intersting one....

apm2 installed in quad.......connected to missionplanner and all the radio channels work 100%.

arm an take off apm2 responds to Trottle yaw and mode switch but not a pitch and roll input....

im using 9x running er9x....

any ideas???

What's your power supply when not plugged into the USB cable for mission planner?

HI Robert

im powered by lipo when not connected to usb - apm powerd by 1 esc and rx powered by apm2 - ....it shows the radio input correctly  when only connected to usb only also....

im totally confused cause the rx works 100% when connected to servo or esc?

I have done the power hack and this makes it power the rx as well from the usb power supply so no need then to connect the lipo while using USB . It works really well. here is the link.  http://diydrones.com/main/search/search?q=power+hack

Using the lipo and usb together has a few issues so I never do it now.

Pitch/Roll rate D P set too low maybe?

im not at home at the moment - i have not made any changes to the defaults yet....any tips im flying 11x4.7 props on ntm 3536 910kv motors and 780mm motor centre to motor centre....

thx for hte help....

Could just be a funny leftover parameter from testing if you didn't erase/reset after loading, or as Robert suggests, the Rx is browning out and acting strange when there is current being pulled by the motors.

Note the small change I edited above, that should be rate P. I can reproduce your problem at will by lowering them to 0.

If STAB_R and STAB_P are too low, that may happen too. When I first tunned STAB with ch6 and started from 0, I had no pitch or roll, only when I started increasing the values it begun to respond.

STAB_R?

yes, STAB_R = stabilize roll / STAB_P = stabilize pitch (P values)

thanks for the help guys... I figured I would just load the 3dr default parameters....i know have quad that loiters pretty good...and responds to pitch and roll input for rc..... will need some fine tuning but flies good enough to run thru a couple of 5000mah batteries in no time... some 12" props will be in order shortly as the 11's just dont cut it.....

will update as i go....

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service