Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Views: 63383

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Im with on this to Geir,  after weeks of fiddling and tweeks we finally get the latest version working to a reasonable standard and then the version changes with all the fixes added , but then also all the new addons that then introduce a whole now batch of bugs.  For the well seasoned RC flyers these are probably not to much of an issue, but for people like myself who are just leaning to get the rig to stay in the air it makes it really difficult nervous. We just want it to fly so we can learn how to control it, but its difficult if we don't know whether the strange behaviors are pilot error or firmware issues. 

Im not complaining and whole heatedly appreciate all the effort that goes into the development. Perhaps the Mission Planner could have two versions to access from there?, one that is the previous  version that had all the bug fixes, but without the new addodns and a second version with all the bug fixes and with all the new addons. The latter being the beta version.

Hello to All,

***** VERY GOOD NEWS !!!! *****

I have just done the FIRST TEST FLIGHT (7 minutes of hoovering) in STABILIZE mode with the latest fix from Tridge which correct the drift of the DCM:

The flight of the quadcopter in STABILIZE Mode is like a rock in air, and with the latest fix from Jason (a 490 Hz PWM) the flight is a real delight...

Here, the screen of logged datas with ATTITUDE_FAST enabled of the full flight.

The new ArduCopter c2.x.x will be vey soon released for all of you, stay tuned on the official GIT repository.

Good work to Tridge and to the AC dev Team,

(AC Dev Team)

APM 2 correct? 

Looking forward to flying this!

I am using an APM 2 but it will work on the APM 1 too...

So does this version use the software filtering of the accel and gyros in order to reduce the effect vibration has on the sensors?  I believe that's what I read in the GIT, but I am not entirely sure.

Thanks JL for your first "cavia" test... :P
Excellent results, but it is too early to declare victory.

Of, course, Marco, I agree with you, we need to push the flight enveloppe, but after this 1st test flight, I am very confident about the soon results. Now, I have the feeling that this (very) old problem is cleared...

Sounds good dear JL... tomorrow my tests/video with the latest Tridge patch! :P

Brilliant! Well done every body!

Standing by... :)

In other news I got 2.4.1 to loiter in that tiny little garden i showed you - yes, 3m*3m, 1 metre off the ground, great fun, and it took some weird and wonderful tuning, but I suppose it's almost irrelevant now :)

Your flights are always so rock solid JL that I dont know what to think... you are a master at PID config! 

This is a really good news and we need to test the heck out of it to be sure there is no other introduced bugs... do you have a video to go with this wonderful graph? 

would it be likely to be in the MP version before the weekend so we can try it JL?

Guys, I'm sorry, I know this is a bit off topic, but for those of you who fly or have flown more than one type of multicopter, with approx. same dimensions, a hexa or a octo has any kind of benneficts compared to a quad besides heavier payload ? Thanks.

© 2015   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service