Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Enhancements:

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Tags: ACM, Heli, Quad, Traditional

Views: 62164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do NOT connect multiple ESCs together. Use a dedicated BEC with adequate power...

Fred, you shouldn't do that either. You may use 1 bec to power the board, and 1 bec for each servo, but don't use all the BECs from the ESCs to power the board or you will have brown outs the same and bad behaviour. That could only be achieved using shotkys diodes if I'm not wrong (not an electronic expert). I had my powered with all the ESCs power at the beginning and I had lot's of problems without knowing that, because I thought : well, they are in parallel that's ok. But it's not that easy since they are comming from different power sources (each BEC is an individual power source).

Hello.

I had same problem in my hexa (apm1  2.4).

Roll servo was bad, I replaced servo.behavior is OK again.

Timo K

Question: Ive loaded 2.4.1 onto the the new hex copter, and the original it came with was 2.2.1  I saved the param settings when it had 2.2.1 so can I still use those params now it has 2.4.1 loaded? Any issues I should be aware of doing this? Or is it just best to adjust the default params of 2.4.1.?  (eg stab roll/pitch on original params was 3.700 )

You can load the old set of parameters, but keep attention with the new "RATE_D" and "STAB_D".
I think the new firmware, if it passes the necessary tests will be released within the week, then I advise you to wait.
By evening, if all my tests give positive results, will post here my results.
The new "dcm patch" by Tridge which I test, and that yesterday has tested JL, is not available on the GIT for security reasons.

Marco so what do you recommend to set the rate_D and stab_D to for say the X8 and the hex jdrone? I might try the default 2.4.1 and set STAB roll/pitch to 3.800 I 0.002 IMAX 40 and leave the rest as is and try it. What do think? I really want to try it tomorrow and see how ti goes.

Hi all. Where in the logs can I see motor output for each motor ? I had the same dive with motor 2 I had on the other day, with the same software version (not the latest git changes). I would like to know if it was problem from apm or esc issue.

First you'll have to enable motor logging, using CLI.

any idea why the altitude reading is going weird in MP? I thought it might be the telemetry rf interference but i moved it way and its still the same. I disconnected sonar and its not that. I have the barometer covered with tissue so cant be wind affect as well the props aren't turning and the APM is connected by USB.. This only starts one i connect using the telemeter. what should i tick in the tuning panel to check what it might be? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vg5RRNQqUE

Well, you may be connecting with USB, but your Xbee is there right?  Could be EMF from the Xbee.

Hello to All,

Here a video of a full test flight (>5 min) of the firmware ArduCopter v2.4.1xp2 with the new DCM fix with the Quadcopter F450 Flame Wheel. The purpose of this long test flight is to check if there is a drift of the roll/pitch neutral and if the GPS position is still locked after a 10 minutes of a full autonomous flight in LOITER mode.

Wind 8 Km/h, gusting 11 Km/h.

The GPS position hold (LOITER mode) is accurate and there is NO DRIFT while the time passing. This has been tested on 10 minutes flights.

Regards, Jean-Louis

Thumbs up at the end of the video is very convincing... nice flight Jean-Louis!
In
the beginning the fix of satellites was not perfect, it moved a little, but when he got well loiter is really stable!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service