Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Enhancements:

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Tags: ACM, Heli, Quad, Traditional

Views: 62159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Graham yes is true, i open a new discussion in the dev list about this.
Have you tried the alpha version I sent you?

No sorry, did not get it.

Thanks Rui, Ive tweaked it down using in air tuning running about .080 on my RATE_P, going the other way makes it more lively(I usually tune my PID's via the strap to the chair method)

Once Im sitting in a hover it will drop down randomly, I then have to counter with throttle, its never done this before its dropping up and down, the motors are running up and down

I just cant seem to sit in a hover at any height as its surging up and down, Im sure it has something todo with new code as ive had a super stable hexa in the past

Maybe it's clear already but the THR_RATE_P is only used for alt hold.  It isn't used at all in Stabilize mode.

What effect would THR_ALT_P have?

Hi Graham.

THR_ALT_P is the ammount of throttle used to maintain altitude in alt hold (and modes that use alt hold, like loiter). If its too high, you will start to notice up and down oscilations untill eventually it will hit the ground, that's because too much throttle is beeing used, causing too much compensation, if you use too low, it will have difficult on keeping the alt too, so you you better start with the default and then tune it (using ch6 preference) untill you achieve a reasonable alt hold. Don't forget if you're using the barometer only, 1 - 2mts error would be normal (with APM1, since the baro of APM2 has a higher resolution that will allow you to maitain a very low error of 20 / 30 cms I believe).

That's what I thought but Randy said: Maybe it's clear already but the THR_RATE_P is only used for alt hold.  It isn't used at all in Stabilize mode.

So are they both used in ALT_HOLD only?

I'm sorry... my mistake. I was talking about THR_RATE_P. THR_ALT_P is used at the same time as THR_RATE_P, to compensate for the error in alt. In here you can find more information, even if it's a bit old

http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/AC2_Tweaks

Here a HIL simulation of the ArduCopter v2.4.1xp2 (+DCM fix) on AeroSIM-RC with a quadcopter, in this video you will find a test of the:
 - Manual flight in STABILIZE mode,
 - LOITER (GPS position Hold),
 - AUTO mode, full autonomous navigation under flight plan,
 - Automatic LANDING

You will find a full tutorial for conducting the same test flight in HIL mode HERE,

I have already tested successfully this firmware in real flight on my F450 Flame Wheel.

Regards, Jean-Louis

Hello jean louis
(ArduCopterv2.4.1xp2) does not work with APM v1, it is impossible to get a connection with MP 1.1.48, the latest version can be used in my case with APM is v1 (ArduCopter224xp2) is there a way to fix that ?
Daniel cordially

Hello Daniel,

I am using an APM v1 for conducting the tests flights in HIL mode with AeroSIM-RC...

I don't understand why it doesn't work with you...

Jean-Louis

Hello Jean Louis
  I tried the advice of Manuel Rui, and I would like to inform you, I'mstarting with arduino and I'm embarrassed to seek advice in permanence! Jean Louis notament to you that I am asking sounvent!
Thank you to all that is really exciting
Daniel cordially

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service