Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Views: 63386

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cool. I can't take credit for the idea... but yeah, I agree. It is one less thing I will have to worry about when I go out to various flight sites.

+1 :-)

+2 :-p

Adam, getting the same as before after repeated attempts.  Been doing some reading on it. May be silly question, but could it be the lookup table its using? 

Ok. Can you shoot me the latitude and longitude from the 3d gps fix? You can see it in the bottom right of the planner when looking at main tab. Why dont you just PM it to me.

Just to clarify... Todd and I worked through this. I entered the wrong lat / long initially ... when I entered his lat long correctly I got the same -1.838178 result. Good to go!

hey jason, i've got exactly the same problem with my hexa, can't get a stable hover, dropping or rising all the time. I was wondering if you'd found a solution.

Nope havent found a solution as yet, just been hoping others like you yourself are also having problems, hoping some of the developers can shed some ideas

I have tweaked my RATE_P down, but still no where near as stable as Ive had in the past....Im chasing the throttle up and down

Now and then while in a hover my hexa will yaw slightly quickly...almost like 'it sneezes' and yaws sharply, does yours do that Tristan?

Hi Jason, Yes it's good to hear that other people  are having the same problems. I have not seen the problem  your talking about with yaw. it does have a tendency to yaw about 30 degrees clockwise on take off, but it's gentle and not a problem in-flight. However i have another problem which sounds similar, like it sneezes, but on the roll axis...  can be very scary...but quickly it passes and it's ok.

As for the rising dropping problem, i'm trying to get my alt hold tuned in to overcome the problem. But you can see the cpu having the same problem as when i fly in stablize, just can't get a good hovering throttle position. 

Could this be vibrations, or perhaps the attopilot battery sensor. I'm tempted to try removing the batterysensor or adding more vibration control on the apm. Have any of the developers accepted this as a problem, or is just you and I!

Going to fly today, will share any progress.

ArduCopter V2.5.0 Alpha - Yaw issue in a fast turn:

(Tridge "dcm-wip" branch, revision "74e16b81b771")

Hello everyone. Unfortunately the latest patch not yet solved the problems inherent the yaw, in my daily video i show that the error is at times quite "dangerous" for pilot with poor experience of flight.
Unfortunately it's not my hardware problem, because with an older version of AC (like 2.3) the yaw is not affected by this issue.
problem comes when you fly fast enough, then for lovers of automation is virtually absent, even if it worsens the quality of loiter in windy conditions.

explain with my daily video, with timecode reference:

0:16<->0:44 - I run the fastest paths straight without touching the yaw, which is facing the bottom of the track, you can see how often changes its state to some degrees, both right and left

0:44 - the yaw bounces after a small drop, and this is unfortunately very often, yaw dancer

1:47 - after a quick right turn are forced to slow down to recover the yaw drift before continuing with the turn

2:00<->2:05 - I do a quick turn to the left and at the end the quad will not turn, tends to keep the yaw frontally

04:00<->4:05 - very fast tack, same problem

04:37 - the quad moves excessively in loiter, over 20 meters of radius (but today there's biggest solar flare)

Unfortunately, these inaccuracies occur often on one side only, because our quads have always tended to side with a rotating worse than another.
I hope that we can implement a better command queue before releasing the upcoming 2.5.0.

Apart from the
problem with yaw the dcm is perfect for me now, rock solid and stable!

Bests, Marco

my APM 2 has turned my xcopter unflyable.

It was perfect with APM 1.

It start to drift dto one side and never stops.

I can compensate with stick input.

I have exchanged propeller position to see if it leans on other direction but not.

I have exchanged for diferent propellers, still leans to the same side.

I have changed from X 2 to same effect.

Mounted APM on rubber band same effect.

If stays on the desk there is no drift.

If it would be vibration as mentioned on other post, any of the test above should have solved / change the effect but not.

Tested with 2.4.1 and JNL versions.

Any advice?

I Pablo, since there is ongoing corrections, have you tryied it with version 2.2 or 2.3 just to see if it works better ? Untill a stable version comes out, maybe you should try with a previous stable version.

© 2015   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service