Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Enhancements:

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Tags: ACM, Heli, Quad, Traditional

Views: 61615

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi John, have you seen the attached file ? It's an image from Mission Planner and the parameters that affect the camera. There are 2 parameters that will affect how much the camera is tilted to compensate. CAM_P_G and CAM_R_G - Camera Pitch Gain and Camera Roll Gain. So if you think it's compensating too much, try to lower the default value of 1 to 0.8 and try, if on the other hand you don't have enough compensation, try a higher than 1 value, like 1.2 or 1.3 to try. Look at the attached image on the last message.

OK , sorry Rui, I didn't spot that there, I only saw your reply on my mobile while I was out working today and I  just rushed home to try it. I think I have got it now. and than you kindly for you help and patients..

What do you think of the idea to mount the sonar at the bottom of the camera mount where it will always point down and give a more accurate reading in case the copter is tilting around due to wind or what ever?

No problem, glad to have helped :)

Adam, I got a little frustrated and had to step away from it for a bit.  This morning I had my moment of clarity and realized that I was still using the old IDE (Derrrrr!).  Logged on this morning and sure enough, you had posted that it compiled fine with the relax patch. Anyway, I tested it several times this morning and it was only off by -.44.  Close to what the dev team was getting, but out of the three goes -.44 was the greatest deviation from what it should be.  Left image is Auto-Declination, right image is actual declination. This is very promising non-the-less.  

Todd: Glad to hear that you got it working! If you plan on using this for the time being make sure you get latest on my clone because I changed a couple things that improve RAM usage. Also, now if you leave the config value commented out (ie. disabled), it will only write a declination value if you forgot to write one yourself as a kind of fail-safe. If you enable the config value, it will overwrite the declination on a 3d fix even if you had set one already.

The other interesting thing is that when I used your lat/long I got -2.02 which is a bit closer (.25). I'm not sure when you pulled the clone, but it may have been before I increased the accuracy by adding more values to the lookup table.

I appreciate your test. Thanks!

I just pulled from your branch again.  I will load it again and try it out.  This is an an excellent feature Adam.  My programming skill is still in its infancy, but I will do what I can to help.  Post back later on what I find.  

Cool. I can't take credit for the idea... but yeah, I agree. It is one less thing I will have to worry about when I go out to various flight sites.

+1 :-)

+2 :-p

Adam, getting the same as before after repeated attempts.  Been doing some reading on it. May be silly question, but could it be the lookup table its using? 

Ok. Can you shoot me the latitude and longitude from the 3d gps fix? You can see it in the bottom right of the planner when looking at main tab. Why dont you just PM it to me.

Just to clarify... Todd and I worked through this. I entered the wrong lat / long initially ... when I entered his lat long correctly I got the same -1.838178 result. Good to go!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service