Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Enhancements:

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Views: 64072

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes I looked at params Todd, but I have no idea what settings I need to put there. Id like to have roll and pitch stabilization and also pitch adjustment on my APM1 board. In wiki it only advises to connect to channel 5 and only pitch for APM1. Where can I find better info for setting the camera mount up?

Hi John, if I understand, you would like to have automatic stabilization and manually adjust pitch, is that correct ? If so, that's the default setting (as long as you are not using ch6 for in flight tunning. Pitch control would be disabled if you use ch6 tunning). So you control the pitch with a variable ch at ch6 input of the APM. That is called mixed control (APM stabilizing the angle defined by you). You can also activate this for roll, if you wish, but that doesn't make much sense. The Gain parameters at the Mission Planner tell the camera gimball servos how much to rotate when the copter tilts or rolls. Shortlly pitch servo connect to output ch5 and roll servo connect to output ch6. Since servo range use to be limited, you may have not enough servo range to work, there is a small circuit called a "servo range extender" that gives your servos more range if you need it.

Hi,

my APM 2 has turned my xcopter unflyable.

It was perfect with APM 1.

It start to drift dto one side and never stops.

I can compensate with stick input.

I have exchanged propeller position to see if it leans on other direction but not.

I have exchanged for diferent propellers, still leans to the same side.

I have changed from X 2 to same effect.

Mounted APM on rubber band same effect.

If stays on the desk there is no drift.

If it would be vibration as mentioned on other post, any of the test above should have solved / change the effect but not.

Tested with 2.4.1 and JNL versions.

Any advice?

Pablo

Attachments:

I Pablo, since there is ongoing corrections, have you tryied it with version 2.2 or 2.3 just to see if it works better ? Untill a stable version comes out, maybe you should try with a previous stable version.

Thanks a lot Rui. Yes id like roll sabilization and pitch stabilization with pitch also manualy adjustable. Where and what in params do i need to input to activate this?

DCM fix available on the master repository:

We need your reports! What we want to avoid is to release a version that has problems.
The latest code changes by Andrew Tridgell (epic job, thanks mate) are now available on the official "master branch" of ArduCopter GIT, is virtually the same version I used in my last video, is the same that you may download now by using the GIT.
There are still a few things before making it official, but for me it's definitely usable and more secure than the current release available (imho), I have over 70 flights with this with no drift or dangerous situation.
Are very welcome your test, especially for the "yaw dancer issue", we want to see if it comes in all configurations.
Quaternion is very experimental, so avoid using it.
The "Throttle Hold is dynamic", so do not worry if you see its value change in the planner, it is normal.
Important for me: before takeoff put the "STAB_I" to "0", now the default is "0.1" and is wrong for the real concept of "PIDT1".
If you decide to test it please, do it only if you have the opportunity to read the telemetry to the ground, and before you actually fly along up or hovering two feet off the ground and make sure the quad is responding correctly to your stick input, take a full flight at that altitude, moving quickly but keeping the quad at that height.
If you have questions or need information please write here too, are all day at the airfield with the notebook.
What is still missing:

- the routine that automates the "declination" parameter (by Adam)
- the new autolanding (by Jean-Louis)
- rtl with first the "safe altitude" and the "autoapproach" option
- the yaw fix
- better management of the dynamic throttle hold
- the quaternion compass auto calibration, or manual calibration (better, imho)

I remind you that this version is not an official release, so use it at your own risk!
Check the correct movements of the hud in the planner before takeoff...

Enjoy!

Marco -=- AC Dev Team

EDIT: attachment removed due need a lot of fix... (at the request of Randy)

Thanks Mark for the great job

I can not even fly that much wind, but I wanted to give my little contribution

hopefully soon

I leave here the parameters of my little quad, in my opinion are a good starting point, especially for the sections STAB / RATE / LOITER, with default parameters have never been able to get a good loiter, but with these yes, my videos speak for themselves.

Marco

Attachments:

Nope havent found a solution as yet, just been hoping others like you yourself are also having problems, hoping some of the developers can shed some ideas

I have tweaked my RATE_P down, but still no where near as stable as Ive had in the past....Im chasing the throttle up and down

Now and then while in a hover my hexa will yaw slightly quickly...almost like 'it sneezes' and yaws sharply, does yours do that Tristan?

Here too windy Andrea, but I'm not afraid... :-)

Marco, tried to fly today with the last git version you sent me (GIT_RM_120309)

I was mortified to see the "leans" problem back again and yaw drift (which I've never, ever had before). Log attached.

I thought these had been fixed? 

Haven't flown the newest version you've posted yet.

Attachments:

Hi Jason, Yes it's good to hear that other people  are having the same problems. I have not seen the problem  your talking about with yaw. it does have a tendency to yaw about 30 degrees clockwise on take off, but it's gentle and not a problem in-flight. However i have another problem which sounds similar, like it sneezes, but on the roll axis...  can be very scary...but quickly it passes and it's ok.

As for the rising dropping problem, i'm trying to get my alt hold tuned in to overcome the problem. But you can see the cpu having the same problem as when i fly in stablize, just can't get a good hovering throttle position. 

Could this be vibrations, or perhaps the attopilot battery sensor. I'm tempted to try removing the batterysensor or adding more vibration control on the apm. Have any of the developers accepted this as a problem, or is just you and I!

Going to fly today, will share any progress.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2016   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service