Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Views: 63386

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think there's a point in rushing the team to at least release the (slightly tested) actual version known to work. Because there's some of us still flying with the version known to crash :) And I believe most people here know what they're getting into when they use it...

Of course if 2.4.2 is due out tomorrow then my point is null :)

Here is how I was able to install GIT and clone the repository.

I also installed gitextensions which I found to be much easier to get working.

I can now download the repository as changes are made but I am still having a heck of a time compiling the code. I have installed Arduino-100 Relax, & Cygwin (with the required packages) and set it up as I understand the instructions but still no joy getting make to work.

We definitely need better instructions for those new to compiling the code, but the Dev Team is busy with more important problems right now.

Rod, it compiles fine with Arduino 1.0 releaxpatch. If you're having trouble, you probably have Arduino looking at the wrong library folders.

Can your upload your zip? I want test it.

Hello Balloon,

You will find my full version of AC v2.4.1xp2+DCM fix that I have successfully tested in flight with the full PIDs parameters for my F450 Flame Wheel quadcopter.

Regards, Jean-Louis

Thank you , Jean Louis....

I will testing it............

I have question. You're fix DCM in library or code?

thank you,

Hello Balloon,

The DCM fix is in the library (AP_Math and AP_DCM). I have only used my current flying version (AC241xp2)... The main bug corrected about the DCM drift very well done by Tridge is located only in these two lib.

So, if you have a flying well version you may only update these two libs...

Thank you for your answer.

Re Hello Jean Louis
I followed your advice lines (# include "APM_PID_HIL_JLN.h" / file / Config for quadcopter model for HIL
/ / # Include "APM_PID_HELI.h" / file / config for the H1 type of helicopter mode on Aerosim HIL / /
# Include "APM_PID_JLN.h" / file / config for the real modelquadcopter BRQ) are present in "APM_Config.h" Mission Planner1.1.46 but refuses to connect. Position CLI is ok but can not connectFly position, I'll settle for official 2.4.1 which does not make me this,my meager skills do not allow me to define the cause.
Once again thank you for your answers.

Hello Chapelat Daniel, are you using an APM1 or APM2 ? the APM_PID_JLN (used for real flight is configured by default for APM2, you must edit and change it for APM1 if you're using APM1 and upload firmware again). If you're using APM2 I think you don't have to do anything to it.

Hello Rui Manuel
I use apM1, I return the land or a flight I made with 2.4.1, the landinghas unfortunately I was unable to controller a squall of wind, twobroken helices I can not comment on 2.4 .1 I have not had the time,this matim my idea was to test JLN xp2 2.4.1, I will do better to wait!
thank you for your comment I will try again to run JLN 2.4.1 xp2 with your index
thank you
Daniel cordially

© 2015   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service