Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Enhancements:

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Tags: ACM, Heli, Quad, Traditional

Views: 62262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rui, Im powered via a uBEC, attached is my log, my flip occurs about 72% through playback, about a minute or less prior its twitching on the pitch axis...although Im not 100% knowing what Im looking at via the log file

Thankyou in advance

Attachments:

Gotta ask; Motor connections soldered or bullets?

Bullets, never had a flip issue prior

Hi, Marco 

I'm find problem about Altitude level. when i will take off my arducopter and connect APM Planner. It have show altitude in negative (-) or under zero. (first connect battery is show altitude zero. and i will alt_hold or loiter about 10 meters but altitude is little up to on the air and HUD in APM Planner is show -10 - 2 meter. I thinking is a bug about altitude barometer?

and have my logs Barometer measurement error.

thank you,

Balloon

Attachments:

Hi Ballon, now there's another alt_hold management, i think better... try with the latest GIT, but i've compass issue with this one... :-(

I leave here the parameters of my little quad, in my opinion are a good starting point, especially for the sections STAB / RATE / LOITER, with default parameters have never been able to get a good loiter, but with these yes, my videos speak for themselves.

Marco

Attachments:

Marco, tried to fly today with the last git version you sent me (GIT_RM_120309)

I was mortified to see the "leans" problem back again and yaw drift (which I've never, ever had before). Log attached.

I thought these had been fixed? 

Haven't flown the newest version you've posted yet.

Attachments:

Try again with my latest version here.

OK, tried the latest version and it seems fine, but I've lost my trust again a bit so will have to do some more flights to make sure.

Just had a few flights again, yaw is not right - it doesn't stay correctly pointed, it wonders in the hover and in forward flight. Not nice at all

I know dear Graham, I've already reported on the dev list for a long time and at the first fly with this release, nothing new for now, the problem persists... :-(

HI guys,

This morning (Scandinavian time) I downloaded the 2.4.1 from GIT and gave it a try on my quad (3DR stock, APM2).

I did not like it. Acting up in yaw, not as solid in stabilize, and a bit jerky in altitude hold.

I submit the log here, in case it might be of any interest.

I shall admit that I did not make any real effort to tweak parameters (I had a doubt it would help).

Now I revert to the 2.4.1 I pullet of git 28 feb. I cant say it is solid but for me it is at least better.

/ Tomas

Ps. baro sensor only, except last minutes. As you can see then, my sonar setup sucks.

Attachments:

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service