Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Views: 63386

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

all is conected properly, i have configured the esc and in cli the motor test returns 2 motors only.

I have spent hours on radio(er9x) and pid to no avail. I am using arducopter + form. I have spent over a week on this having poured over the wiki and even other projects. i have tried a usb gamepad and the same thing hapens. manually setup each esc (turnigy sentry 40a) direct from rc and set them up in concert via apm2. ive reloaded firmware and been thru many updates of software. I know its got to be something simple like im in heli mode instead of plane or something on the apm and dont mind doing the research, just cant find any simmilar issue on the net. I have a single replacement esc that I have swaped for each in the rig and same effect. I believe I have narrowed it to the apm board(programmatic of course, diy makes great stuff). hope you see something in this.

it took a few tries but finally worked after a multi esc sync. possibly just a glitch. there was also a timing setting on my esc's that was changed from med to high. Thank you for the help in pointing me!

P.S. Thank you!!

Hi Marco. I've made that change and re uploaded the firmware. First thing I noticed, I liked more the "sound" of the motors. Seem smoother, and I believe I'm having softer reactions. To be completely honest, I must wait for a windless day, or I won't know if are the gusts affecting the reactions of the quad, but I got a bit "scared" with your settings and default settings (I lowered RATE P before fliying, 140 seemed too much and I was right) I had some agressive reactions I was not expecting. Still trying to tune LOITER, but with wind, I don't know what's doing what, so I'll wait for better conditions to make a real judgement. One thing I really didn't like compared to previous version was the alt hold. I noticed the values I have after a flight are completelly different from what I start with, and I think it might "be learning" what's the best value to hold alt, once again, wind may affect this by generating sudden pressure drops or pressure hights. So I will wait to make a more fair test. Nevertheless, I would like to thank all the team that has been doing a great effort to improve our flying experiences and correct some bugs, as well as to the test crew that puts their ships to in the air risking it so that we can fly safe. Thank you all.

Hi Folks,

yesterday i had a quite weird experience.

Got a Homemade Octo with APM 1 and 2.41 firmware.As i wrote before, i´m using a cam gimbal and had sort of brown outs in lack of power.So i got a 5 amps ubec, which i fitted to my frame.Nice flying,quite stable.

But yesterday, out of a sudden all motors cut of in flight and it dropped down like a stone.

When i reached the Octo, about 20 secs later,i accidently touched the throttle stick,all motors working.......

I already checked all Cables,no problems.

After checking the inflight video,no abnormal sounds ,just silence.

So i ain´t got the fainthest clue what happend.

Any ideas ???

noob here but I seem to recall a similar story sans ubec, in which a separate power supply for the board was the solution. It may be worth a search until someone with real knowledge can advise.

what i saw  is refrenced here it seems to be a voltage drop issue  in the post.

In cases like these, it's often hard to see from the outside what happened.  Looking at the logs (either tlogs which are saved to your laptop's harddrive by the planner if you have an xbee attached, or the dataflash logs which you can download using the mission planner's terminal screen) can help. 

Hi, Randy

In those cases, the cause may not clear. However, APM2 environment is sensitive to the voltage.

One is booting error of APM2, needs manual reset. Second is failure of BEC initialization in lower battery voltage. Do you have any experience or expectation of those observations?  

Good to hear from you.

I've never looked into issue exactly like you describe but the logs may provide some clues as to where the problem is.  For example if the logs suddenly stop then you know it's some kind of catastrophic failure (i.e. a software failure or a brown-out).    Alternatively if it's an engine or ESC failure you can see (at least from the tlogs or the dataflash MOT entries) that the APM2 was still trying to output reasonable values to the engines.

I appreciate your effort on 2.4.s as dev team. By my only stabilized mode flight,  AC_2.4.1_c98f6cd2cfa2 looks very stable on my standard quad.

Actually, APM2 gives values to the engine by Planner. Cause, APM2 does not know the initialization failure of BEC. Anyway, I will find the failure of my wiring and components of my quad, if any of hardware failure is there.

It should be promising upcoming AC 2.5:)

Eve with the GPS lock in on3D and If I am flying in stabilize, I assume it wont hold position unless it is locked be loiter or other mode setting correct? So if there is any wind then the wind can easily move the copter around and we have to compensate it with stick input?.

© 2015   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service