Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Enhancements:

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Tags: ACM, Heli, Quad, Traditional

Views: 60863

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

APM1 or 2? There's leans problem due vibrations in the release in the planner (with some configuration/hardware), wait for the upcoming 2.5.0!
I think you should read a little bit of the wiki, we have all the answers to your questions.

Flip is caused by right yaw.

On handheld when I apply right yaw --> motor 1 + 2 speed up all of sudden motor 1 just stops --> heavy twist & on air a flip.

on handheld when I apply left yaw --> motor 3 +4 speed up and all works fine. Intended behaviour.

Yesterday I thought motor 1 had a faulty esc and I changed it. No improvement. Surely what is left is motor 1 - perhaps I could switch that to other place....

Otherwise if flies nicely, but motor 1 shutdown causes a fast flip...

(and in case there is answer on the wiki, please point me with a link - thanks in advance)

Maybe try to swap two motors to see if problem persists?

/Stefan

Thanks for encouragement!

Swapped motors 1 &2 --> now on right yaw motor 2 shuts down --> the original motor 1 is faulty. Need to replace it. (interesting that on low rpm motor works fine, but on load shuts down... always learning new.)

Ardupilot rocks and your support rocks! Thanks! :-)

Glad you got it sorted out! Have fun!

Hi Heiki.

Maybe your motor is not as broken as it looks. I had the same with one motor. Looked spinning ok, but on load having problems. It was the motor who had a small drop of 3" on my table. I found out that the stator (which is glued on the motor frame) had a bit play, the glue was loose. I used a small drip of two component glue between the frame and the stator and I had full throttle back again.

When you spin the bad motor manually, do you notice any difference between the wrong motor and the good one?

This is 99% ESC calibration problem. Yaw causes some motors to slow down so much they stop, and under certain threshold it causes the ESC to perform the motor startup again (which is a very bad thing, it's like turning off the motor of your car every time you stop accelerating). You have to do both ESC calibration and Radio calibration in the planner.

check and make sure the ESC is not set for soft start.. I had one that some how went to this setting and it would stuttered, stopped and started and jumped around and all sorts of weird stuff. Obviously APM and soft start don't play well together.  I also thought the ESC was faulty until I did full reset and recalibration and now it works fine

I was flying 2.4.1 today and I had my hexacopter take off on its own as Marco's did in the video when it flew out of site over the building..  1 Broken prop, to completely bent arms.. god knows what else. I was too miffed to look at it when I came in from the cold.

Grips is the 2.4.1 firmware version the one loaded from Mission Planner or a branch off hack or git version?  You say you were flying, but in which mode and which settings are you using?

I had excactly the same problem as you.....after 1 min or so....she flipped!, Im waiting until there is a fix as I busted a prop and motor mount screws as my Hexa is 3.5kg's

Related...? > issue link

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service