Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Views: 63381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey all, 

At last RL has eased its grip on me, I had an hour to play today. So i got the latest GIT (0d4ce7129b0f - March15th) (2.5.0) on my APM1, dji, flamewheel, stock 850 ardu gear and did 3 batteries in the garden.

Didn't have time to tune anything, so all stock params for now, and tested stab, alt-hold with sonar and loiter (yes, in my 4*4 garden!!!)

Quick examination of logs show no evidence of the leans what-so-ever, pitch-in and pitch, roll-in and roll, were very tight indeed, despite a new VERY soft experimental APM mount)

Althold just perfect (throttle slightly too aggressive but easily tuned out on my next outing, may well be fine in higher winds)

Loiter - hilarious!!! First flick into loiter the quad went for a visit next door (about 5 m away) with an unexpected gust, (wind 4mph - gust 8mph) then tipped over gave a nice blip on the throttle to clear the fence (thanks sonar!) and came back to me and stayed there! Had a small circle initially but calmed down and stayed well inside 2m*2m box. YES!

Can't wait for the 2.5 thread to start, but so far I've have no concerns whatsoever, at all. My quad seems to loiter OK with fairly high rate_p (stock) . Can't wait to get to the field over the weekend for more testing and tuning. I've got all my fpv gear working sweetly so I'm gonna let APM take me for a ride :D

Fantastic developments again chaps, great work. 

And since it looks like this release has dealt with most of the big issues I'll dust the cobwebs off the half-complete tuning guide and get something posted for version 2.5 - for those who were wondering ;)

I've also flown the latest 2.5 with my heli, no real problems to report.  Should be a good release!

Robert, "by no real problem" what you mean actually ? Did the heli hover handsfree for long ?

Which heli it was ?

An Align 600 clone.  I didn't do much loiter because I haven't figured out how to tune it yet, and my sonar is broken.  It didn't do anything stupid though.  

The heli does pretty much hover hands-off in stabilize mode if you don't mind the wind blowing it around.

By real problems, I mean, things in the code.  My not real problems are, sonar signal is garbage, and I had some kind of glitch in my ESC or something I'm not sure yet.

I want to use the latest GIT v2.5.0 using arduino 0100 relax with APM2 . What else should i define in APM_config.h in addition to FRAME_CONFIG QUAD_FRAME

Just uncomment the // # define CONFIG_APM_HARDWARE_APM2

Everything else you can do in mission planner if you have a fairly stock set up.

Thanks dave. wish me luck.

Bon voyage :)

Just flew the latest GIT and can confirm it flies smooth.

First flight I noticed that yaw was going from left to right about 15°. I then recalibrated the compass through the MP and it worked great. I'm using the sparkfun magn.

ALthold reacts slow. Wlst te other mention quick reactions?

Hopefully tomorrow some more tests.

Using X650 value frame with apm1, MT2812 710Kv motors with 11x4.7 APC SF and 3000 up to 5000 mAh batts.

How does the compass calibration work? I just got my APM2 yesterday and I noticed this feature on the latest MP...tried it and after it's done it says to write down some offsets for manual entery...where do these go?

I used MP 1.1.52 and calibration was automatic after I turn the quad for 30sec in the different axes.

It seemed to work though.

Yup, I used that too with 1.1.51.  I like the feature.  It's optional, but I like knowing that I have a successful calibration before I fly.

© 2015   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service