Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Enhancements:

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Tags: ACM, Heli, Quad, Traditional

Views: 61631

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Duran, found the high/low settings once I updated to .40 in MP

About AC 2.4 and "wobbling / twitching:

In the "2.3" thread I've read lots of friends who have problems with wobbling and twiching after the indroduction of "PIDT1".
I
would break a lance in favor of this new system, reminding these people that now ArduCopter is more critical in the pid tuning and hardware setup, although it offers unparalleled flight experience with previous versions, this according to many, my videos show the detail, as well as those of others.
The tests performed by the development team and many users report these positive feedback, but it is obvious that there are also negative.
My intent is to further improve those flight stability, by working closely with those who now has had no problems with earlier versions of 2.3.
Therefore, I ask these users to report their experiences in detail, with parameters and videos that can demonstrate how to fly their quads before and after the introduction of new features.
I read some negative feedback, but I have never seen their quad in flight, and I think we all have the opportunity to record them and post them on youtube / vimeo.
In this way can make this system even more reliable.
Of course, with Mikrokopter or DJI these problems are not there, but we know that you are forced to buy specific hardware to archive those performances.
The intent of ArduCopter is the modularity, but of course many parameters come into play and you have to understand what change to get best results with your hardware.

Marco

Hey Marco, what landing gear you use with camera gimbal? I'm after one for hexa. Sorry off topic. Ill pm you. Thanks heaps.

Hi Paul, home made landing gear... :-)

http://youtu.be/hyN95bDxbRU

Just loaded 2.4. Yaw, pitch and roll just keeps running(not random. up/down)  when the bare board sits on the table. Only USB connected.

Tried latest Arduplane 2.28 to check the sensors and it worked fine.

I am using latest APM Planner.

Magnetic inclination is set to correct value.

Any ideas?

/Stefan

same question

thanks

Stefan, after the firmware upgrade try to reset the eeprom, logs and the APM (to default), then disable end enable again the compass.

Stefan: I can't see what the issue is from that video. Can you pull back so I can see the artificial horizon?

Have you done the setup and clicked the level button?

It's not showing any issues on any of the boards I've tested.

I can make a new video but basically the horizon starts level. (as it is supposed to do) Then horizon slowly begins to turn following the roll/pitch/yaw data circling xyz in a loop.

I dont see any problems with the board running latest Ardupilot.

Will try do UL some old Arducopter versions and see what happens.

I have isolated the problem to the APM Planner running on a specific computer. APM2 board gives good data with the planner running on a different computer.

Thanks.

any one else getting this problem when trying to load the code via MP with APM1 2560 ?

Yep,

But only with the APM1 1280.

APM1 2560 connects ok.

Started a previous version 1.1.16 and the APM1 1280 connect ok.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service