Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Enhancements:

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Tags: ACM, Heli, Quad, Traditional

Views: 61576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yup, very slick.  Drill holes large enough for the hose OD, and insert the little hose pieces.

Then attach those stud things, and push the plate down so the studs do into the hose pieces. The hose is now locked in place, and provide the damping.

Sorry to keep barfing out ideas.  Just brainstorming.

They are purple/blue versions of what I'm using....

So silicon it is then?

And those little studs look an aweful lot like helicopter canopy mounting studs cut down.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11707__HK600GT_canopy_mo...

What system have you used this successfully for?  APM1, APM2 .. ?

Thanks for the idea

Just APM1 atm, but it's in prep for my v2 - are there any in the UK yet i wonder?

I'm not using tubes like above, although that's a nice idea, but grommets, they are 12mm OD, then 1/3 of the way down they have a 2mm deep by 0.5 mm wide channel cut out, the bottom of the trench of which has an 8mm OD.

I just opened up the holes on my stock ardu plate to 8mm, popped them in with a bit of silicon grease and some shiny new washers also greased up and i think i could sit it on the washing machine with little protest...

Auto-Level not working in 2.4/2.4.1

Could somebody else please try this before I report it as an issue? I have done this several times now, on my QuadPod indoors a few times and just now on my 3DR outside when the wind dropped enough, disarmed it and then changed the battery. Every time it seems that auto-level inputs a correction that is at least twice as much as it should be. On my 3DR, when I plugged in the fresh battery, my artificial horizon in MP had a distinct lean, and it flew as if it was completely untrimmed as well. I did a manual level in MP so it is sorted now for my frame for the moment, but auto-level is a great tool, wind permitting. Cheers, Bill

Hey Guys,

just loaded the GIT 2.4.1 code in an attempt to trouble shoot the compass problem that was causing the slow yaw I observed yesterday on my initial 2.4.1 flight loaded from MP. I still have the same issue on MP Flight Data display: everytime I connect to the APM, it starts off at north then slowly creeps clockwise to S. I decied to do the compass test from the CLI and all I get when I try this test is "not healthy not healthy not healthy not healthy not healthy", any clue what's going on?

loaded 2.3 from AC downloads...compass works fine in CLI test.

my compass was fine till i loaded the 2.4.1, just tried to fly and constant yaw, i cant hold the yaw steady at all also i can't get the declination right it's 1.9 east so i put in 1.9 i point the quad north and on the flight screen it shows 335 degrees when it should be 0/360 deg. any ideas?

Paul I have the exact same issue...do you mind going into CLI and going into test>compass...see if tells you "not healthy"

just tried ans i get like a normal read out, loads of numbers, but 50 degrees off north.

but does this reading keep moving? so on the flight data tab it would start at north then it would constantly move...

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service