Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Enhancements:

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Tags: ACM, Heli, Quad, Traditional

Views: 62254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Guys simple question

is the Ublox Gps still supported ?

Yes. Also generic GPSs in NMEA mode, although we don't test and certify them.

Oooh really, I've got a NMEA holux unit that i used with my phone before i got one with built in gps that was accurate to about a meter 10m inside the main doors of a shopping centre, It knows when i swap from one sofa to another, and its bluetooth.

Here a video of a test flight of the latest firmware ArduCopter v2.4.2 (beta) with the new fix on DCM and the magnetometer setup. This version tested in flight include also the AUTO-LAND and Helicopter type H1 (HIL) mod XP2 (JLN).

Wind: 15 Km/h from N-W

The LOITER (baro only) is very stable in spite of the wind and there is no drift in the yaw. The flight is very stable.

Stay tuned, this new version 2.4.2 will be soon on line for download in the official repository...

Regards, Jean-Louis

Hi JL, do you know if the repository version will have your auto landing mod ? Thank you.

I was making a small test about 1h ago and loiter is without a doubt much more stable and willing to hold position. Strange though, how you having a lighter and smaller quad than mine (with higher thrust/weight ratio), you can still use LOITER_LAT and LON P so high, mine at 2.8 still overshoot a lot, I had to lower it to 1.5 and will try 1.7 tomorrow.

Hello Rui,

My tested in flight version 2.4.2xp2 (beta) show in the latest video which include the auto-land feature, the helicopter( h1 type) mod for HIL test and the full detailled PID setup with the param files can be downloaded HERE

Regards, Jean-Louis

Thank you JL :) I'm off for a test flight now. See you later.

hello,

you have trouble compiling the 2.4.2xp2?

Also, since this is the HIL test for h1 heli, will this still work on our quads, at the field?

I think I've answered my own question, in the jpeg it shows you flying the quad, and the config file is set up for quad, I'm going for it, tethered first... :)

Sorry for the  daft question, but I haven't studied trad heli or HIL yet...

Jean-Louis - having problems compiling - I get an error "C:\Arduino Folder\libraries\AP_Common\AP_Var.cpp:29: error: 'AP_Var' has not been declared". I have copied your libraries folder into every location that Arduino might look at that I can think of.

The only change I made was to put "#define CONFIG_APM_HARDWARE APM_HARDWARE_APM1" in APM_Config.h. Any ideas on what might be the problem?

Regards, Bill

Bill, try it again without your define config change. It defaults to apm1 if left alone anyway.

@Dave

you have trouble compiling the 2.4.2xp2?

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service