Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Views: 64677

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We're looking at it. I can verify this with one board (a APM 2560) out of the seven I've tested. Not sure what's different about the board, but we'll get to the bottom of it and push a fix. May be a MP thing.

I have isolated the problem to the APM Planner running on a specific computer. APM2 board gives good data with the planner running on a different computer.

quite a difference on how long to get a GPS lock. much shorter time.

Chris, found something.

The APM1 board which had connection problems was without GPS connected. Without GPS the APM takes longer to boot. This resulting in MP giving an error that connection failed.

Once GPS is connected, MP connect fast and correct.

Ah, that makes sense. On APM 2 the GPS is always connected, so there is no autodetection delay. Maybe we can speed up the GPS autodetection on APM 1. Thanks for the detective work!

May also participate a component of the dev team, filmer for Redbull Italy, or not true? :P

Bingo--that's it. I think the latest MP update slightly changed the MAVLink parser, and it's choking on the "!G" that ArduCopter shows during GPS autodetection while it's looking for a GPS module. You can see the output below at the point of failure (I've bolded the !G that's the prob). 

653 got param 107 of 180 name: RATE_RLL_I
!GURATE_RLL_D;olylost 253 pkts 248
733 got param 109 of 180 name: RATE_RLL_IMAX
Out of order packet. Re-requesting list

This is an easy fix on the MP side. Michael will probably push that out in the next 24 hours.

Glad I could help ;-)

Having problems connecting the motors for a flat "+" octo.  I have a new APM 2 board and the motor connection for APM 1 don't get close to working.  I appreciate any ideas. 

Larry, we'll need more details on your issues. There's nothing we can do with "don't get close to working". You have to explain exactly what you've tried and what the results are. Thank you for your consideration of the dev team's time. 

Another boring film from a 2.4 software in my quad :P tuning RATE P parameter and testing stability. Some wind gusts of about 6km/h. Default params, RATE P ended up at 0.150, all others pretty much untouched.

Reply to Discussion

DIY Drones Monthly

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2016   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service