Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Enhancements:

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Tags: ACM, Heli, Quad, Traditional

Views: 61787

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Latest GIT = compass wrong of some like 130°/150° in my country, declination is the same... does anyone can confirm?
I've removed from here "my flyable version" at the request of Randy, but at least with that you could fly... :-)
Don't fly with the latest GIT!

Euh!!   Works well in my contry .... it's "bizarre"

Marco: You must have pulled right when Tridge was making a change to disable the auto-declination by default. I have a feeling it is related to the declination which had some very new changes to support a wider range of latitude (-90 to 90 instead of -60 to 60). Along with that change was a bug that could have caused an incorrect declination to get written to your board. Just double check your declination after refreshing your params on the configuration tab of the MP. If it is incorrect, just input the correct one and save. If you pull the latest from git, auto-declination is disabled by default and you wont encounter the issue if this is indeed the cause. It sounds like it is to me.

I fixed the bug, but it hasn't been pushed into trunk/master yet. For now, if you have latest and DONT enable auto-declination, you will be fine.

Thanks dear Adam for your suggestion, but this beautiful Sunday has passed, unfortunately without testing.
This happens when someone decides to push without test first and see if the thing works fine, or at least it works... DAMN! :-)

Would it be possible to have multiwii compiled for working with APM 2.0?

Of course a version without GPS, etc.

It very dificult to change all the time from one board to the other.

And for us using only stabilized right now might be a good way to keep us on the air....

Hope nobody miss understand or get pissed off because of this message.

It would be just another possibility on the same HW.

Regards,

Pablo

Please excuse me for saying this but we seem to be going nowhere fast at the moment

Forgiven. But, it is in the name of saving aircraft and providing the best experience possible!  Hang in there. :)  I can say first-hand that right now things are really progressing in regards to getting solid flight performance. Sometimes it really seems that a leap forward means a step back, but it will be worth it.

Here a video of a test flight done with the firmware ArduCopter v2.4.2 official GIT (version released on March 11,2012).

Frame: Quadcopter X F450 DJI Flame Wheel with ArduPilot Mega v2.0

LOITER mode (GPS position hold) tested with a 13 Km/h wind blowing from the right and gusting 20 km/h

In spite of the wind blowing from the right and the gusting conditions, the quadcopter is able to maintain its GPS position.

- There is no drift observed on roll, pitch, yaw axis after a full flight of about 10 minutes (Thanks to Tridge...)

- The altitude hold and the throttle management is now correct and the quadcopter is able to maintain its baro altitude without any bumps (good work Jason...)

- I have also tested fast speed translations and the angle of pitch is maintained and remains stable.

The tested version is an original version currently on the official GIT and not a modified version.

I really enjoy to fly with this version.

Below my tested PID

Regards, Jean-Louis

Nice work JL!
I ordered now a "Rabbit Flight Controller" to see if I'm going crazy or if yaw control (compass precision) does not work very well now on both my APM1, as well as other users write, or at least to try to figure out if it's a code problem or not.... :-)
It's simply
to check with the same hardware and another controller... swapping the board and in 10 minutes I can verify this... :P

seems a good solution, I too have a problem with the compass

Give me your impressions on the new card that you ordered

Andrea

Of course Andrea! The idea was to get me another identical quad, but to see if there really is something in hardware or in the code is doing the only evidence on the same quad, simply by changing the board.
And this is the "evidence of 9"... :P

My compass shows correct heading at rest. During fast forward fligh, copter starts to yaw about 10 / 15º and when it stops it shows that error. However, if I make it come back via backward flight, it follows the original heading, just as if it was in "simple" mode, the copter flies straight to me but twisted those 10/15º. For the rest, I liked the control way, after lowering some settings and I prefer RATE D at 0 (but that's just my oppinion). I tryied to tune loiter without any success. Without wind (today was very very good with 0 wind). The weird thing is that I didn't get overshoots and all, but loiter behaved fairly well with settings of LOITER RATE P from 0.5 to 3.5 (??? weird. without overshoots it gets hard to tune it properlly. I'm not a good PID tunner, so it could be my problem too). PWM at 490 gave me more soft reactions from the quad (thanks Marco). Also, today's alt hold behaved very well again (I believe that previous dynamic alt hold was commented for now).

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service