Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area.  Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.

Bug fixes:

The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers.  Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!

As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion.  For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list.  Note:  you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item.  On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.

Views: 64668

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Huh, I seem to have similar yaw problems with 2.4.1.  

Ive had 4 to 5 good flights with 2.4.1 loaded from MP on my hex jdrones . The only PID adjustment was STAB Pitch Roll  set at 3.800, I 0.002, IMAX 40.

Yaw was rock solid and never moved at all. Seems quite stable all over. Loiter did very weird stuff so not brave enough to try it again.

Wind was about 8 to 10lkmh

Is the declination issue being discussed in 2.4.1 version from MP or only on the GIT versions?

I really wish people would state clearly what firmware they are referring to on this forum, because it gets confusing which is the one having the issues they are writing about if its not stated.

Useful to include APM version too... ;)

Oh, and another rather annoying thing I noticed with git release 94c14cef91ab : I cannot connect to mission planner anymore with my wireless connection (APC220).  Annoying cause now I can't make tlogs anymore for debugging.  I think I saw this problem pass by earlier in this thread, but can't seem to find it anymore.  Anyone know what might be wrong ?  I checked baud rates, they are set at 57000 in both planner and ACM, which seems correct

About the yaw problems, I see Tridge has just pushed a fix to git : 60a6c80614b2 .  Thanks for all the work guys !

My apc220 stopped connecting after 1.1.37 after this version the planner connects differently and fails for me every time, I can connect with the new version via usb but 1.1.37 is the last version that works with my apc220

Issue posted here , thread with unconfirmed fix here

Just ran 2 batteries through on my jDrones Hexacopter (880kv, 30amp) with APM2 (git tag: 6cd49a35c130e - the yaw from Tridge). Its much more stable for me than the last few attempts - which were very jittery to say the least.

Windless here, and I manage several hovers with very minimal stick input (not loiter - just nicely balanced). It did pick up a persistent lean to the left, countered with a little right stick - but nothing like as bad as I've seen before. I'm back to mounting the APM on rubber washers onto a board - not suspended on O-rings - maybe thats the cause. Like I said though, its nothing like the '100% stick the other way' stuff I've had in the past.

This was just hovering in the yard - tomorrow, I'll head out to a field and try loiter. Really hoping to see a similar improvement on that ;)

Thanks Guys! Great work :)

Thanks dev team,

I didn't try to compile using Arduino before. But i am about to try to do so i can use the GIT release.

My question is, Where is the part that i can define the layout of my copter? Quad, Hex, Or octa?

Thank you.

Downloading Git Release on Linux: git clone

You'll find APM_Config.h in folder ArduCopter

Briefly, look in APM_Config.  You'll see a #define Frame_Config.  That's where it's done.  But read through that entire file, there are a lot of things you will need to #define.

Thank you. I will go for it.

So, what's the deal?  Is the DCM or quaternion approach being used currently?  How is the filtering scheme with quaternions performing in it's handling of noise/vibrations?  I see the quaternion additions in GIT, hence the questions.

Reply to Discussion

DIY Drones Monthly

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2016   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service