Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!
Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect. If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.
The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.
Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
- MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]
- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]
- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]
- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]
- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]
- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]
- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]
- flip & acro improvements [Jason]
- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]
- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]
Bug fixes include:
- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]
- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]
- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]
- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]
- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]
- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]
- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.
This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs. Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.
All feedback welcome below. Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list. When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).
I have the latest, 1.1. I update the firmware fine, it seems to boot (see the logo and progress bar on-screen) and then it has the 'Update Charset' message at the bottom, even though I've done the update a dozen times and OSD Config claims success.
Same issue here! "Update Charset" w/ 2.6.
The standard Rate P changed from 0,14 to 0,18 ...
So my PID Settings are not the same as in AC 2.5.5 ??
Chris: Yes. Part of the 2.6 release process was to provide better default PIDs.
I wonder why the yaw is slower? They backed out my changes, so yaw should be the same as before. What is your Stab_Yaw_P before and after? Stab_Yaw_P effectively controls yaw rate right now.
Hey all, nice to see 2.6 making it to MP.
As mentioned before on the 2.5 thread, I've laoded 2.6 delta and the stabillity improvement is excellent, so much so that I've been rolling and looping my quad and now alos by big 1m+ octo. Looping in acro is obviously possible and pretty easy to do, but it's FAR BETTER and easit to roll in STABILIZED mode, simple give it gas and flip, like a pancake!
Here's a video of one of our new SteadiDrone ei8ht octos, just over 1m from motor to motor, it's big and powerfull, we are still waiting for our new stock of landing gear/gimbals to arrive, so here it's hovering at around 20%
Also some footage of the quad flipping and fast flying, these are are DEFUALT pids, no tuning at all. PERFECT.
The stability is amazing, even when dropping the quad from the sky, and it truns upside down, as soon as I tought the throttle it catches iself super quickly.
I also did some shots of me throwing the copter as hard and unstable as i could and then also, stability just kicks in no probem, if you manage to crash a quad now, then something ELSE is wrong, not code or hardware lol ;)
Again, AMAZING job on the code and really looking forward to where things are going. (new gps, when when ?? :) )
you will notice the octo stability is still 'bounce' as it's got no weight at the bottom as it usually would, which then maked it solid stable without the bounce. Keep and eye out for SteadiDrone.com (hopefully going live this week still)
Excuse my laugh when flipping the octo.... lol
Someones been watching the Warthox videos :)
Yeah, i know Warthox, but fly with MultiWii or KK... Acro is better and fast with this two boards (at the moment).