Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!
Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect. If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.
The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.
Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
- MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]
- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]
- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]
- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]
- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]
- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]
- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]
- flip & acro improvements [Jason]
- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]
- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]
Bug fixes include:
- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]
- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]
- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]
- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]
- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]
- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]
- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.
This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs. Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.
All feedback welcome below. Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list. When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).
just coming from the field. My quad (2560 APM1, V 2.6, standard Arducopter kit V 1.1, wind 8 knots, no pids tuned) was flying amazing.
I tried ALT_HOLD and RTL (without landing) and SIMPLE mode and it was a pleasure.
Throttle stick feels really good!
Nice to see, how the quad recovers yaw after some aggressive manoevers in SIMPLE mode.
Thanks guys for that great firmware!
ACRO with 2.6:
this flight mode requires considerable experience and perfect control of the quad in any condition, if you want to try to make some quick flip try with Stabilize (the method suggested by Duran), Acro is for rc pilot with "high skill level and experience".
Long looping and tonneaux are only possible in Acro mode.
Excellent, bien fait, je l'espère pour reproduire vos vols ce week-end avec mon quad & 2.6
, je suis en attente de vos compétences et ...... la même casquette ...! ..
A croire que la capacité n'est pas si compliqué, mais pour le casquette n'est pas facile de trouver ce la même chose... :-)
Bonne chance et amusez-vous!
yes of course!
congratulations for your tests and commitments that benefit us all
; the weekend in Auvergne (France looks bad not great) I hope the flights will be up to my expectations
You had good flights
The piezzo for deasarm or arm is no longer on the AN5 analog with this version ?
It should be. I attempted to leave that function unchanged by default. Are you having a problem? Can you give me exacting details on your setup? Go into your params, and you'll see a new param called LED_Mode. What is the value?
If I messed up, I'll fix it on the next minor rev, you'll get your piezo back, don't worry.
LED_Mode = 9 I change to 0 same of my previous param but not work.
the piezzo is on AN5 for the moment same before.
Works with APM2 but not with APM1 ... I've not find the problem with APM1
if someone have a solution for APM1 ?
Hmmm... I can't see the problem. It should work fine on APM1. Are you sure you're using the correct pin on APM1? It's not with the 8 LED pins, it's actually off on it's own.
If I upload 2.5.5 no problem, and if I upload 2.6 no works ... It connect on AN5
I tested the jdrones Arducopter Hexa V2.5.5, stock pids with Rate Roll P = 0.1, Stabilize control P = 3.5, I = 0.01, Imax = 2.000, Trim throttle = 450.
Flight: Stabilize (Throttle only, No pitch/roll/yaw)
Results: Smooth flight but the hexa landed at a distance of around 70 feet from take off location
Can someone explain the reason why the hex travels when i am only applying the throttle and no pitch/yaw/roll ??
Should i now upload V2.6 or its better off to stick with V2.5.5 and improve on it?