Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!
Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect. If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.
The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.
Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
- MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]
- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]
- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]
- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]
- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]
- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]
- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]
- flip & acro improvements [Jason]
- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]
- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]
Bug fixes include:
- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]
- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]
- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]
- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]
- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]
- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]
- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.
This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs. Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.
All feedback welcome below. Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list. When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).
Yes yesterday I tested the new 2.6 and I had the same effect. Only switching to ALT Hold in about 15 meter and the T-Rex 450 dropped out of the sky. It worked well before the change to 2.6.
I just flew a pack with 2.6. I found it well. The loiter was a bit better but still needs some tuning on my part. I found the stability was much better with 2.6 than 2.5. It might be a placebo type effect but I found my copter handled wind better.
For anyone getting the Mavlink error, there are two executable files. The one with 10 in the filename is the Mavlink 1.0 one.
I had a similar tri, I've attached the .param file. Open with a text editor and you will find the PID's.
i got 1 problem about MP version 1.1.92 MAVlink 1.0
after write waypoint to APM2, i cannot click menu configuration,
attached screen shot error appear something like DLL missing.
i update again MP, now can go to configuration menu, but if write waypoint again, same error occure.
how to solve it.?
Did you run Mission Planner from within the ZIP file without extracting the files?
If so, please extract all the files from the ZIP to a folder, and *then* run mission planner, or go download the MSI installer for Mission Planner if you don't understand what I am talking about.
If not, go to "Help" and "Check for Updates", since something is missing.
tq Mike ,i will try as your suggestion.
Hello, on the topic "Copter LEDs" where I find the documentation for how to connect the harness and control of the LEDs? thanks
I've just uploaded 2.6.
I actually wanted to start over fresh, but it seems that all my previous parameters and settings are still the same as my last settings.
How can I update to new standard PID settings?
There used to be a command eeprom clear (reset).
Apparently it's not done automatically.
Can some tell me how to do a clean install?
You can erase the memory from the Terminal page then load the firmware.