Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!
Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect. If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.
The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.
Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
- MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]
- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]
- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]
- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]
- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]
- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]
- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]
- flip & acro improvements [Jason]
- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]
- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]
Bug fixes include:
- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]
- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]
- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]
- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]
- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]
- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]
- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.
This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs. Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.
All feedback welcome below. Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list. When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).
Right on Rolf... good instructions.
This in the Wiki Mike?
Would be nice to have a pdf one can print out, just on the basic calibration and leveling routines.
I picked up on the hover setting, didn't know there was a leveling routine too.
I'm going to see if I can get all these tips into a condensed form.
Yep, it's in the wiki. Maybe it could be more prominent, I've been thinking maybe there should be a process diagram, or something like that, for checking out a new quad. You want to take a hack at it, Gustav?
I'll take a bash at it Mike, might just be ugly though :-)
Thanks Peter, Rolf, Mike.
I have been thinking about building a V8. What props and motors are you using?
Are there any dimensions available (link please).
I myself have V-8 is designed, milled (have the DFX files) and built.
APM 1, XBEE 2,4 GhZ, Sonar,
Motor carrier length is 1.20 m
Props 13/6 Carbon
Motors MK 3638
Lithium cell count: 3-6
Load current: max. 20 A
Load current. (60 sec): 25 A
Idle speed: 770 rpm / V
Wave power: about 350W
Thrust max. Max. 2200 g
Total weight (without cable): approx 100g
Dimensions: h = 35mm, d = 38mm
Shaft diameter: 4 mm
ESC: BL ROXXY Control 940-6 - 8631
Weight: 47 g
Load current: 40 A
Short term: 50 A
Dimensions: 66 x 25 x 10mm BEC: 5.5 V / max. 3 A / 5 A short
2 * 3S Lipo 8000 mAmp 30 C
Flight time with 1 kg load (Camera) for ~15 minutes
I hope I have helped you :)
I guess this configuration is good for taking pictures..you have enough power to lift something heavy but the motors are mostly out of the field of view of the camera. I've seen this icon in the mission planner but haven't seen many people actually use it! :-). Great stuff.
1.5 kg load carrying no problems :)
the V configuration was also hard to find ...
The Mission Planner, there is only the X or + Config for calibration, no V Button
You can maybe change that? many thanks and much respect to you :)
ciao Klaus from Germany
Sorted this dropping problem when switching to AH or Loiter (on some airframes)
a change in config.h to
# define MINIMUM_THROTTLE 120
recompile and upload
eeprom erase and reset(important)
Set up the hardware and controls in Mission planner as normal
Just tested, everything working perfectly...
I changed the code and recompiled 2,6 on my APM 2.
AH holds fine now.